PICED html component

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by harro, Jun 20, 2008.

1. harro

harro

I have problems using the html component on a PICED project. I have a 5080CTC screen with latest firmware. When I download a project with an HTML component displaying the weather forecast I get differing results. If I select a postcode not used before I will get tomorrow's forecast for the post code but it doesn't update the next day. If I choose a post code previously selected I get an old forecast. I have ensured that old URLs in temporary IE files and in PICED project files are deleted before placing the HTML component on the screen prior to downloading. I have checked that the CTC comms is connected to a router/modem OK and can ping the CTC's IP address from another PC on the network. Any clues?

Harro

harro, Jun 20, 2008
  2. harro

Darren Senior Member

This problem is caused by the web browser caching the images. Check which version of HomeGate is in your colour C-Touch. Installing version 4.0 or later should fix this problem.

Darren, Jun 23, 2008
  3. harro

ICS-GS

you should also check the page on another browser. the weather info i have shows 'todays' forcast, up to say 5pm, then after 5pm it will show 'tomorrows' forecast. depends on the provider...

HTH

Grant

ICS-GS, Jun 23, 2008
  4. harro

harro

HTML PICED Problem

Thanks for your advice. I found network caching on our web/mail server was the cause. Disabled it and now I get updates to weather components.

Harro

harro, Jun 26, 2008
Ask a Question