Piced etc

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rixta, Mar 8, 2006.

1. Rixta

Rixta

I have used and programmed cbus and minder before but that was about 2 years ago. Tomorrow i am going to an existing installation to install a DSI gateway to dim a fluro fitting.I thought this would be easy enuf but found out there is a touch screen controlling the load, which i have never played with before. I've downloaded the latest toolkit and piced software but can't find "programming instructions" as i didn't install the hardware. Any help?
    Also can the touchscreen (B&W) be programmed from the cbus interface or do i have to connect direct to the screen?
    And if so, what is the configuration of the serial to rj45 connection?
    Any help would be sensational!

Rixta, Mar 8, 2006
  2. Rixta

Nobes

Nobes, Mar 8, 2006
  3. Rixta

Darren Senior Member

If the C-Touch firmware version is 1.9 or later, you can actually transfer the project from the unit to PICED and then edit the project. It is much better if you actually have the project, but if you don't, then this is your best choice.

It is best to use the direct serial connection. The wiring for the C-Touch cable is in the C-Touch Installation Instructionsl which is included with PICED in the manuals folder.

Darren, Mar 8, 2006
  4. Rixta

NickD Moderator

It's not clear from your post if this is the case, but if there's already a group address assigned for the load, and a control set up to dim that group address, then you probably don't need to do anything to the CTouch. All you would need to to would be configure the DSI gateway. If you need to find out what group address it's using, you should be able to see this by using the control in CTouch and looking for the activity in Toolkit's application log.

Nick

NickD, Mar 9, 2006
Ask a Question