PICED editor loses source

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by BradJ, Mar 26, 2006.

1. BradJ

BradJ

Hi,

Unfortunatley I can't give you any idea how this happened, or a recreation path, but a couple of times I've had PICED 'forget' source code. Also the my recollection of the details are sketchy. I will pay more attention next time, but I thought it was worth rasing as a problem definately occurred and the impact is significant.

In both, cases I was editing, then compiled and I got errors I wasn't expecting, indicating PICED couldn't see source that was there. Then I would view the module and the source would be incomplete. I would change the window by scrolling and the contents would change again. Again, I can't give more detail.

The first time it happened I remember I had copied code out of PICED (Ctrl-C) into an external file as I wanted to try different logic. Maybe it was use of CTRL-C, CTRL-V.

Brad.

BradJ, Mar 26, 2006
  2. BradJ

Darren Senior Member

I haven't heard of this happening. If you work out what steps are causing it, then we can look into it.

Darren, Mar 27, 2006
  3. BradJ

Matty

Hi BradJ,

I'm going to make a couple of assumptions on your program here:
    1. Your code extends for longer than one page on your screen
    2. There is a compiler error occuring somewhere at the the top or the bottom of the page

What I think may be happening is the scroll bar is lying to you and showing you that its at the top (or the bottom) of the page, but actually there is more stuff beyond that. To get it to show the code, grab the scroll bar and move it to the other end of the page and click your mouse inside the window and then scroll back to the other end again.

This has been put on the to do list.

Cheers,

Matty

Matty, Mar 27, 2006
  4. BradJ

BradJ

Matty,

No, when I said I got errors I wasn't expecting it was because code that was already compiled and tested and had not changed had now failed, due to the fact that a slab of it was missing. It's not a scrolling problem, and it wasn't finger trouble as I hadn't been CTRL-X'ing. Also scrolling changed the contents of the screen in a "weird" way as in the code contents changed right before my eyes.

I know I'm not giving you guys anything to work with. This is just a heads up. I will definately log intimate details if/when it happens again.

Brad.

BradJ, Mar 28, 2006
Ask a Question