PICED Downloads Page = confusing !

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by JohnC, Apr 27, 2006.

1. JohnC

JohnC

Hi,

Would you please consider re-wording / clarifying the PICED downloads on page http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads/software#PICED

The page is confusing at best - yeah, I know that if you read it completely you can "work it out" (like I eventually did) but there's no reason not to make it easier.

See attached image...

A) The "Current Version" of PICED is 3.4.1, not 3.4.0 - I just downloaded from the "Current Version" link and it didn't work!
    - note that 3.4.0 is also listed below in the "Old Versions" section

B) The "What's New" page doesn't list details of the changes for 3.4.1 (ie: to make it compatible with Toolkit 1.3.2 / Cgate 2.5)

C) The "3.4.1 Upgrade" setup is only 2.6MB, not 13MB

D) There should be a "Complete Current Version" of 3.4.1 available for download, it is not clear that you have to download 3.4.0 Full then 3.4.1 Upgrade in order to get it to work with the current Toolkit.
    - since it appears that 3.4.1 Upgrade is just a small change, can't you just re-package that into a Full Version installer?
    - alternatively, is it just that the link is to the wrong file ?

Cheers, JOhn

Attached Files:

JohnC, Apr 27, 2006
  2. JohnC

Richo

All suggestions noted and taken on board

Richo, Apr 27, 2006
  3. JohnC

Richo

Just uploaded a significant change to the website downloads page, hopefully will prevent future confusion.

Richo, May 3, 2006
  4. JohnC

JohnC

Great Work !

Awesome, Richo !

That looks *SO* much better ... I love the LayerToggle for old versions, that really cleans up the layout !

I found one minor error in the new layouts - the previous versions are all "visible" on http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/technical/downloads/developer_tools ...dunno if that is by design?

Cheers, John

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2006
    JohnC, May 9, 2006
  5. JohnC

Richo

he he he ... not so much as an error, more an I ran out of time!

Some of the less maintened pages I just cut and pasted from the old design. So any where where you have the little zip logo and no spanky new download "box" you can be sure it is a cut and paster.

I hope to revist those pages incrementally as a touch up other areas or release new products to make them all conform.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

Richo, May 9, 2006
Ask a Question