PICED closing networks

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by more-solutions, Nov 1, 2011.

1. more-solutions

more-solutions

I've just installed a PAC onto an existing multi-network site. I've downloaded an empty program to it with current firmware (PICED 4.9.2) via USB but headed back to the head-end where it's more comfortable to continue with it.

At the head end I have C-Gate connected to all the netwrks via CNIs, with SCADA on top of that. I connected PICED to C-Bus via C-Gate, then disconnected it. At that point (I think) all my networks were closed, presumably as part of PICED closing its connection? This left the SCADA unable to talk to anything. (Toolkit was also open and also lost connection at that point.)

Am I correct that it was PICED that caused this? If so is there a way to turn that off? It would be nice to be able to make changes over C-Bus from the head end rather than having to connect locally via USB, but obviously I can't do that at the cost of killing the connections to everything else.

more-solutions, Nov 1, 2011
  2. more-solutions

Darren Senior Member

In PICED, when you close the C-Bus connection, it closes the C-Gate networks. There is no ability to change this, but we will consider whether it should be an option (issue number 22315).

Darren, Nov 2, 2011
Ask a Question