PICED & C-Touch Direct Connection

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by NW8, Nov 29, 2006.

1. NW8

NW8

Hi,

Sorry I'm new to CBUS stuff so I'm more than likely missing something very basic... Im trying to directly connect my laptop via Ethernet crossover cable (568A to 568B)... I plug one end into the port on the Color C-Touch screen and the other end into my laptop...

Windows XP shows the acquiring network address symbol... And after about a min a balloon pops up for the ethernet port saying that there is limited connectivity...

Any ways I connect the transfer utility via direct connection mode; it broadcasts an IP of 169..... to the C-Touch and I press yes, it sets to direct connection mode, and I am connect to the unit... I can see the files on the unit etc...

Now when I go to Transfer project from the C-Touch to the computer as I need to edit the project that is already on there I only get on file with the file type .cta... About 156KB...

I tired to transfer the project via PICED, I open PICED, click on the transfer menu item, click connect, it opens the transfer utility, I connect to the screen, but back in PICED I still only have 2 transfer menu items enabled, I can only connect or upload the current project... Why is this? Do I have a bad setting on the C-Touch unit? Do i need to set static IP for my network card... I am unable to download the project from the C-Touch...

I have also tried stopping HomeGate thinking there may be a conflict and then trying to download to no avail...

Thanks,

NW

NW8, Nov 29, 2006
  2. NW8

Darpa

This probably wont fix your problem, but you would be better off setting a static IP in the 192.168.0.x or 10.0.0.x range, both with a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

Darpa, Nov 29, 2006
  3. NW8

Darren Senior Member

The cta file is the project archive. It is the only file you need to recover your project. You need to transfer this to your computer and then open the archive using PICED.

The other menu items are for with Black and White C-Touch and PAC.

All transfers for Colour C-Touch happen via the C-Touch Colour Transfer Utility.

Darren, Nov 29, 2006
  4. NW8

NW8

Hi,

Thanks for the help :)

I tried opening the cta file in PICED, I take it there is a special way to do this... 156kb just sound very small...

Thanks for clearing that up Darren, I also have a Black and White C-Touch, how do I connect to it?

Am i able to just connect to the CBUS network and update the project from there? Or is there a RS232 connection or something on the back of the screen?

Thanks,

NW

NW8, Nov 30, 2006
  5. NW8

Darren Senior Member

The file is supposed to be small. It compresses the data.

See the help file topic "Importing From Archives".

See the help file topic "C-Bus Units" / "Black and White C-Touch" / "Transferring a project to the unit"

Darren, Nov 30, 2006
Ask a Question