PICED and Security App 208?

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Ingo, May 23, 2009.

1. Ingo

Ingo

I just installed PICED to replace my old Homegate installation. I was under the impression that with PICED 4+ I don't have to 'hack' the system to get security zone information back to CBus.

Previously I used to check Application 1 for all my Zone States, this works well in Homegate, PICED simulator and even the PAC itself. I then tried to change the behaviour to use the new System IO commands but then my project complains about App 208. Does this mean that for Zone States PICED uses App 208?

Here is the help file description:

Security Zone Status
    Security zone status

0 = sealed

1 = unsealed

2 = open circuit

3 = short circuit
    Integer
    No

I reverted back to using the 'hack' method with App 1 to check my zone states and all is well. Am I doing something wrong? All I want to know is, is Zone 1 Sealed or Unsealed - this in turns switches a light on or off.

Ingo

Ingo, May 23, 2009
  2. Ingo

ashleigh Moderator

Sounds like you are using the Comfort system which sends its own special information on Application 1. In that case, you need to contact Cytech.

You can't replace Homegate with PICED. Homegate runs all the time. PICED is a commissioning tool with a simulation mode, and that simulation mode runs for about 24 hours before stopping. So they are not interchangable.

ashleigh, May 24, 2009
  3. Ingo

Ingo

Sorry, my mistake. I thought it would have been obvious. I used Homegate for it's Logic engine and a central place to store my scenes, now I just have a PAC to replace that.

I'll give Cytech a shout and ask them about the application used.

Ingo, May 24, 2009
  4. Ingo

Darren Senior Member

This should have been fixed in V4.5 of PICED. If you are using an older version, do an update to V4.6.1

Darren, May 25, 2009
  5. Ingo

Ingo

I am using the latest, 4.6.1

Ingo, May 25, 2009
  6. Ingo

Darren Senior Member

Can you send your project archive into CIS Tech Support with instructions on how to make the fault appear?

Darren, May 26, 2009
  7. Ingo

Ingo

Will do, thanks.

Ingo, May 26, 2009
  8. Ingo

Ingo

The strangest thing ever.... As I was busy setting a test to simulate the fault it didn't come up again. The only difference is that I reinstalled my OS and Application last night and everything is working like it should. No more error on App 208 use.

Now I have to change ALL my 'hack' methods to SystemIO - what a mission but probably the right way to do things.

Ingo, May 26, 2009
Ask a Question