PICED - Access Control

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Dak, Dec 28, 2005.

1. Dak

Dak

Hope everyone had a good Xmas.

I have started playing with PICED for my two color touch screens, so be forewarned there may be many more questions to come.

I have a button which when pressed/touched asks for the users password (Level Access). PICED presents a numerical touchpad for input of the users password. My simple question is - is it possible to have the numerical touchpad which PICED presents over a background image of choice. It seems just to bring up the touchpad on a blank white page. Is there something simple I am missing?

I have the button set up so that it goes to a "user page" (the welcome home page), but before the welcome home page displays I would like the user to enter a password - so I set the button up also to have a special function "log in".

Now, on testing, if i input the correct password it presents me with the welcome home page, if i input the incorrect passwork it comes up with incorrect password, I clear the error message box, and then it still presents me with the welcome home page.

I obviously need some Logic to say if the correct password is enetered display this page, and if the password is entered incorectly show another page (one that says sorry try again and no you cant access that until you input the correct password).

How might I go about this logic - can you test for the password correctness using the logic engine?

Thanks in advance.

Dak, Dec 28, 2005
  2. Dak

Anton

Hi Dak,
    At this stage there is no way that I know of to put an image behind the access control keypad, I'm sure that Darren will look at it at some stage, but I'm not certain that its on the cards at the moment.

As for the welcome home page, you can set page access level to something higher than the timeout page, all the logic will be then done in the background for you and until a password of an approriate level is entered it won't allow you to go to the welcome home page.

To do this simply create a page link button, and on the target page set the access level on the page properties to an appropriately high level.
    Remember to set your time out periods in the project details, and the default page that you want it to return to after a long time out period.

Hope that this helps you.

Anton

Anton, Dec 29, 2005
Ask a Question