Piced 2.6.1.0

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Ross, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Ross

Ross

First thoughts:
    nice
    Second thoughts:
    very nice.
    Especially the 5500PACA. You have been busy boys.

I have some syntax to get my head around, that is for sure.
    I am currently building a parallel project based on a name less product previously available. It is stacking up very well at this point in time you will be pleased to here, I hope.

One thing I have not found is the "ignore" function. Is this an inability my digging skills or has it been omitted for any particular reason. I know it can be worked around to some degree but a clean ignore function would be considered somewhat manditory. Hopefully its hidden somewhere and you can point me in the right direction.

At this stage I am fairly limited to click this and click that which is rather tiresome however till I get a good handle on the syntax its a good solution.

So good job boys. And 2.6.1.0 is soooo much better than 2.5.x. This little box has huge potential to fill the much needed ?logic? gap.

I love the ability to nest, what looks like as much as I like :)

Cheers

Ross, Apr 18, 2005
  2. Ross

Richo

Hi Ross,

Thanks for the positive feedback :)

For the benefit of those not familar with the "controller that shall not be named" what is a "ignore" function and how is it used. I'm sure Darren knows what you mean but certainly I have little experience with the "other" controller so I am not sure what an "ignore" function is.

Richo, Apr 19, 2005
  3. Ross

Darren Senior Member

The PAC was developed completely independently of any other products, and hence does things in its own way. From my limited understanding of what you require, I believe that the necessary code will be something like :

once condition then
    TimerStart(1);

once not condition then
    TimerStop(1);

once Timertime(1) = 10 then
    begin
    { perform actions here }
    TimerStop(1);
    end;

Darren, Apr 20, 2005
  4. Ross

Ross

Hi Darren,
    Thanks for the tips. I get the idea but I'll have to experiment a little first I think.

1. Can we expect to see ethernet support?
    2. Can we expect to see multiple network support?

cheers

Ross, Apr 21, 2005
  5. Ross

ashleigh Moderator

Presumably you are referring to the PACA....

Answers relating to the PACA:

Ethernet: No. One day, different product. Dont ask when, its just something we are dreaming about right now. Too many other miracles to perform anyhow.

Multiple nets: Via a single connection through bridges into multiple nets: Yes.

Multiple connections to multiple nets (via multiple PCIs or CNIs): No. Use a PC (embedded, headless if needed) with C-Gate for that.

ashleigh, Apr 21, 2005
Ask a Question