Phillips Master LED Series

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steve22537, Jul 20, 2010.

1. steve22537

Speedy

Dimming LED lamps with phase controlled dimmers

We have tested many LED lamps with C-Bus dimmers, both universal and Leading Edge Phase Control in NZ. Unfortunatly I haven't yet found any lamp that effectivly suits our Dimmers (either leading edge or Uni Technology).

The complexity around how many lamps are required (minimum loading issues), and the phyisical differences between LED lamps (even from the same manufacturers) and triac holding current requirements can greatly reduce the result. We experienced so many issues with flickering, noisy dimmer units and usually requireing a dimmy load (1 x conventional lamp or a Clipsal inductor) to make this a viable solution.

I would suggest caution and revert back to the proper way of dimming LED lamp, via DSI/DALI/0-10volt or DMC control. This way you can be guarranteed of a good solution for your customer.

Speedy, Sep 21, 2010
  2. steve22537

Newman

If you're having trouble finding a phase-control dimmable LED lamp then I strongly recommend you take a look at the Pierlite Starburst or Crompton XL series lamps. These work just great on all the C-Bus dimmers.

Newman, Sep 21, 2010
  3. steve22537

l60mcm

Hi I know this is an old thread but I recently bought 3 Philips Master leds to test on my 8 ch leading edge dimmers. So far I have noticed that if have 3 bulbs on a circuit they can be dimmed to 9% with no major issues. The only time I have an issue with 3 leds is when turning them off they seem to ramp down to nearly off then flash and go off. However if I have less than 3 leds on a circuit they seem to flicker when dimmed as mentioned earlier in this thread. I was wondering if anyone has come up with a solution to this problem yet as I am needing to buy quite a few bulbs quite soon

Thanks

l60mcm, Feb 1, 2012
  4. steve22537

ashleigh Moderator

No solution. What you report is fairly common for lamps that are not very good with phase control dimmers.

ashleigh, Feb 3, 2012
Ask a Question