Philips Pronto RU990

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Roars, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Roars

Roars

Hi guys,

This has probably been covered 100 times before but I have not been able to find a simple beginners guide to using a Philips Pronto on a CBus network.

Basically I have about 15 neo units and 6 PIRs which can all recieve IR commands. I want to use the pronto as a selling tool as I walk around the house with clients,using it to control different scenes and sequences in each room. Is this possible? Where can I find basic set up information to get the remote control going on even one unit to help me learn what it can do?

Sorry If I am repeating previous threads but I am an absolute beginner and will probably need spoon fed!!:confused:

Thanks
    Ruairi

Roars, Apr 27, 2007
  2. Roars

paulw11

Hi,

The best place to start is Remote Central. Here you will be able to obtain the various IR codes that you need to emulate the clipsal remotes.

The IR codes for the CBus components simply simulate pressing buttons on a key unit. In the case of a NEO, the IR codes do the same thing as pressing the key on the unit itself. The other IR receivers have "virtual keys" that you programming using the toolkit.

There are several different "banks" of IR codes that you can use in case more than one receiver is installed in a particular location - using the toolkit you can program which bank "A-C" a particular unit responds to.

In terms of using the Pronto for your demo, I would set up a different screen for each room. You can then set up buttons on that panel to reflect the scenes/lights you have configured on the switch in that room.

You can also trigger scenes in macros that control other equipment. For example my "Watch DVD" macro turns on the projector, AV receiver & DVD player and sets a "watch movie" scene that ramps the lights down over 20 seconds. I have also put light control onto the play & pause buttons for my DVD player, so that if I pause a DVD the lights come up slightly allowing people to find their way to the bathroom/phone/snacks. When I press play the lights dim back down.

I hope this gives you some ideas.

Paul

paulw11, Apr 30, 2007
  3. Roars

nickrusanov

more interesting is RS232 integration

More interesting thing is that Philips Pronto RU990 has base, which can control Lutron Lighting through WiFi and RS232.

I know that philips developers met Clipsal people (they even sent me names) agreed about including C-Bus RS232 control in Pronto Edit software in future.

Philips Pronto RU990 is in front of me right now, very tasty thing)) will play with it for some time.

nickrusanov, May 10, 2007
  4. Roars

Nathan

RTI Remotes can talk RS232 already to cbus. I find them much more versitile than Phillips but Phillips is getting better.

Nathan, May 11, 2007
  5. Roars

nickrusanov

could you give link to RTI and the driver?

thank you

nickrusanov, May 11, 2007
  6. Roars

Roars

Thanks Paul

Sorry it took so long to reply but for some reason I never got an email alert to indicate I had recieved a reply. I will probably have a few more questions before I am finished but I'll go to remote central and see what I come up with!!

Regards
    Ruairi

Roars, Jun 30, 2007
Ask a Question