Philips Pronto IR Control of CBus

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by lorenthehaloboy, Feb 24, 2006.

1. lorenthehaloboy

lorenthehaloboy

Just a quick question. Am using multiple Prontos around the house, that are all running over RF (not IR) back to an IR Blaster in a room, where all the AV gear is.

If I want to control say 12-16 groups of lights through the house with these remotes, is the best way to simple install a few 5031NIRL IR receivers in that room side by side?

Is there a better way to control that many groups using IR??

lorenthehaloboy, Feb 24, 2006
  2. lorenthehaloboy

NickLocke

I have something very similar, albeit with a Comfort in the mix. My Pronto talks RF to an IR Blaster. Comfort is fed from an IR receiver that can see the Blaster. Comfort then natters away to C-Bus. Works for me - and allows me to introduce logic/scenes with a bit of Comfort programming.

Trouble is..... if you don't have a Comfort.......

NickLocke, Feb 24, 2006
  3. lorenthehaloboy

lorenthehaloboy

Thanks for that. I dont have a comfort system, so trying to figure out best way to do it...

lorenthehaloboy, Feb 24, 2006
  4. lorenthehaloboy

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi

Another not so elegant solution might be to get an ir to relay device like kit 142 from Oztronics ...This has 12 channels ...Connect the relay outputs to cbus 4 way aux input devices . Locate an ir led from your blaster system adjacent the ir receiver on the 12 channel board....Just a matter of learning the ir codes into your pronto devices....Check out kit 142

http://www.ozitronics.com/

HTH
    Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Feb 25, 2006
  5. lorenthehaloboy

lorenthehaloboy

Thanks, that sounds like maybe an option. My question still is, will having 4 Cbus IR receivers side by side work with a blaster in front of them, to control 16 CBus groups etc?

Or, should I have 4 seperate devices (maybe even Multisensors) around the house, with 4 seperate blasters, 1 for each of them?

Sorry, I dont think I am making myself clear... humbug :)

lorenthehaloboy, Feb 25, 2006
  6. lorenthehaloboy

Charlie Crackle

Using IR bus receivers you would need to put each on a different bank.
    A,B,C,D. 16 would be your limit

if you have the $ you could use a B/W Touch screen. it will accept more than 16 codes (They need to be NEC protocol)

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Feb 25, 2006
  7. lorenthehaloboy

lorenthehaloboy

Ok, well the plan is to have a B&W and Colour Touchscreen in the install. I didnt know that the touch screen could take more than 4. For some reason I assumed that because it came with its own remote with only 5 buttons, that thats all it could control, 5 things.

Does anyone know if the Pronto uses NEC codes?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2006
    lorenthehaloboy, Feb 25, 2006
  8. lorenthehaloboy

Frank Mc Alinden

Hi

The pronto should be able to store NEC codes easily....You just need to ensure the codes your using are not used by any of your installed equipment.....

Frank

Frank Mc Alinden, Feb 25, 2006
  9. lorenthehaloboy

wanricky

I tried to use two NEO switches instead, which have 16 keys with scene functions! The 5031 IR receiver can't have scene. There were two problems: one was that there was no code for bank D of C-bus remote (It should have now) .The other was the long Press didn't work on the LCD of Pronto. The timing between pulses were too long. The only work around was using the vol keys on the side of the Pronto. That means I can have only one dimmer up and down key on each pronto page. I haven't try the dimmer key/long press with the RF-IR converter though.

At the end I set all NEO keys to scene, but I didn't have C-Touch to store bigger scenes so I could only played that in a AV room, where has few lights only.

Anyway, I tried a few universal remotes but those standard one can't learn the C-Bus remote. Only Pronto could do it.

wanricky, Mar 1, 2006
  10. lorenthehaloboy

wanricky

It sounds very interesting and useful! Is there any reference/information for that?

wanricky, Mar 1, 2006
  11. lorenthehaloboy

fleetz

I have a Philips Pronto and I have no problems with a long or short press. I have a TSU7000 and I use a NEO keypad it is very responsive in fact I would say as much as the NEO itself.

Fleetz

fleetz, Mar 6, 2006
  12. lorenthehaloboy

lorenthehaloboy

Charlie, any more details about how a touch screen (colour or B&W) can help with the IR?

If I am wanting to control 30 loads (or scenes etc) from the Pronto, how does the touch screen allow this?

Thanks for any info...

lorenthehaloboy, Mar 18, 2006
  13. lorenthehaloboy

wanricky

wanricky, Mar 18, 2006
Ask a Question