PEIRL Occupancy sensor how to disable/enable

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by ScottL, Sep 14, 2023.

1. ScottL

ScottL

Hello,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem. I have several PEIRL occupancy sensors on a project that the customer wishes to have enabled/disabled via 3rd party integration control. Is there a way to assign unused lighting groups to enable/disable the occupancy triggers of a sensor? I've tried assigning a group in the "occupancy" tab under "occupancy enable/disable" but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

ScottL, Sep 14, 2023
  2. ScottL

Ashley

This is how you do it. If it doesn't work you have something else wrong. How are you controlling this variable? Have you check the variable is actually changing?

Ashley, Sep 15, 2023
  3. ScottL

ScottL

No it doesn't produce any changes and I don't get any status changes back from the group state either. I can control other lighting groups via 3rd party control so I know communications aren't an issue. The group that I assign to the occupancy enable/disable doesn't report back any changes when I toggle it on or off.

ScottL, Sep 15, 2023
  4. ScottL

Ashley

What do you mean by this? If you run the diagnostic utility and trigger the group from the 3rd party app, does the diagnostic utility log anything? If if doesn't, you not triggering it. Or does the group turn on then turn off a few seconds later?

Ashley, Sep 16, 2023
  5. ScottL

ScottL

What I mean by that is the driver provides feedback on group status so I can see whether a group is on or off. I don't get any feedback from the group assigned to the occupancy enable/disable. It doesn't turn on at all and gives no change to the status of the group at all either.

I'll try to run the diagnostics on it and see what it gives me. If i toggle that group on/off from a cbus keypad it should give me the desired behaviour though correct? That should be one way I can test this.

ScottL, Sep 16, 2023
  6. ScottL

Ashley

What 3rd party control are you using? Some of these handle the cbus protocol poorly. Cbus uses a specific protocol called MMI's to synchronize group addresses between devices. MMI's are only generated by output units, so if the group does not exist in any output unit (as in your case) there will be no MMI's and this may not be handled correctly by your 3rd party app. You can test this by adding the group to the logic section of an output unit and deselecting all the checkboxes to stop it interfering with the output unit groups. This is a bit of a fudge, but will prove the point.

Ashley, Sep 17, 2023
  7. ScottL

ScottL

That was the step I was missing, adding the group to the logic section. Thanks for the help!

ScottL, Sep 21, 2023
Ask a Question