Pclocal4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Grahame, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Grahame

Grahame

PC Serial interface Pclocal4 no network access

I have a out of the box serial PC interface which is not seen with C-bus toolkit.
    When using diagnostic software the interface unit is seen as a PCLocal4 which is not listed in 1.1.8 tools

After a serial port scan PCI seen but project identity failed

C gate unit sync fails

Diags tool unit seem ok but Unit Type seen as "PCLOCAL4"

(See atached screen dumps)
    Please Help

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
    Grahame, Oct 8, 2005
  2. Grahame

Duncan

Hi Grahame,

Welcome to the forums.

What's happened is that Toolkit has recognised that a PCI can be seen, its then crossed over the PCI into the Network beyond in an attempt to find the name of the "project" on that Network. It failed to find a project name, thus the "Failed Identify" message. We're reworking this at the moment so that it offers to create a new project.. In the meantime.. you could:

Create a New Project in Toolkit by selecting "Add Project" from the Projects menu.. name your new project.. then when Toolkit offers to add a Network to this new Project answer "Yes" and create a Serial Network on COM1. Once Toolkit has created this Network press the "Open Network" button.. hopefully you'll see the Network go to "Open".. then select the "Units" node on the Treeview and hit the Scan button in the bottom half of the screen.

Sorry you've stumbled across this deficiency in Toolkit.

Duncan, Oct 9, 2005
  3. Grahame

Grahame

Still Error

Thanks for that but I have tried that and still have error I have added document with screen captures as I have done whet you have requested.

I have a serial PC interface and L5504d2a connected all out of the box.

both must be at 255 address?

Diags software show the interface OK

Attached Files:

Grahame, Oct 10, 2005
  4. Grahame

Grahame

Hi Everyone
    Please someone help as I can not Progress

After a network scan I get Error 52123

Grahame Edwards

Attached Files:

Grahame, Oct 11, 2005
  5. Grahame

Duncan

I dont think your C-Bus Network is working.. I suggest you contact Technical Support and they can help you resolve that.

Duncan, Oct 11, 2005
  6. Grahame

wanricky

If you are using toolkit, there is no problem to start with two or more address 255 units as it will ask you to readdress the conflicts. I just have a couple projects running with all out of box hardware connected and then programmed.

I got similar errors (network running, but scan failed) when I have no Burden in the network. You need to put in the physical one first, and program a software burden if you want. Normally I readdress or remove the unit 01 (and hence lost the software burden) and got these error.

So, the 123 of the network setup is C-Bus power, clock and burden. Hopefully it is not something advance that cause the error.

wanricky, Oct 11, 2005
  7. Grahame

JohnC

I had exactly the same problem... in my case no clock ! Since no clock, no C-bus network, so was no way to program or even nable the clock.

I found the answer at this thread :

http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=926&page=2&pp=10

You can read the whole thing (3 pages) - but what fixed it for me was Post #18 (look at the extreme RIGHT, just above the "Join Date" for each post. The post by apedoo that starts with "Resolved!"

Oh, and hardware burden IS necessary to get the system running. You get one with each PCI, so make sure that is plugged in. Once the network is running, you can then enable a burden in a dimmer or relay, then tuck that hardware burden somewhere safe.

Cheers, John

JohnC, Oct 13, 2005
  8. Grahame

JohnC

Oh - and I just looked at your first post and attached screen captures. Some comments that will help (and also maybe some other posters in this thread)

The first one is the Ports - your PCI might be on COM THREE, not Com 1 (ie: it is not the "failed identify" one). I get the same messages... for some reason Toolkit thinks that the mouse/touchpad of the laptop is a PCI, but then cannot get the Network Name from it (yeah, of course not).

The PCI you need to connect to is probably on Com3. However the Diag software reports the PCI is on Com1, so my situation might be different to yours... ?

And to Duncan's comment :
    All C-Bus units come out of the box with the Project Name "Clipsal". You can see that reported by Network Diag on the screen captures.

Cheers, John

JohnC, Oct 13, 2005
Ask a Question