PCI Installation

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by hjaudiovisual, Feb 7, 2017.

1. hjaudiovisual

hjaudiovisual

Hi I'm a system intergrator and I have a job coming up that has a working c-bus system.

We want to control the lights from Control4.

We have acheived this before but the system already had a PCI installed.

I have the PCI and understand wiring it in howeve how do I get it online so I can send commands to it?

The system has 2 touch panels with a USB connection.

I have cgate and toolkit.

Im pretty savvy with regards to programming and have worked with many other intelligent lighting systems however never doing cbus.

Can some one assist me with what's required please.

Many thanks

Howard.

hjaudiovisual, Feb 7, 2017
  2. hjaudiovisual

Ashley

By PCI I assume you are referring to a serial or usb interface. If this is the case all you have to do is plug it into the network, start up Toolkit and set it's unit address. Once you have done this it will be on-line and start outputting events. You can then connect to it and send whatever initialization commands you want to put it in the appropriate mode. These are usually sent but whatever gear you are connecting it to. Assuming you have the appropriate driver for control4 it should all just work.

Ashley, Feb 9, 2017
  3. hjaudiovisual

rhamer

You install a PCI like any other C-Bus unit, however in this case it only needs a unit address to be set.

So in short, plug it in then use toolkit, connected as it usually is, to find it and set the unit address.

if you need to use toolkit to connect to the network via the new PCI then you will need to make sure the project is setup to talk to the correct com port that the PCI is plugged into. I'm assuming you have the project files?

A PCI does not need to have anything specific done to it to make it online. It will work when connected to C-Bus.

Rohan

rhamer, Feb 9, 2017
  4. hjaudiovisual

rhamer

Ashley types faster than me.........

rhamer, Feb 9, 2017
Ask a Question