pci feedback

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by scott d, Mar 5, 2011.

1. scott d

scott d

simple question, but is there any way to change the regular MMI to a level MMI somehow via the PCI settings???

scott d, Mar 5, 2011
  2. scott d

Don

No, The PCI does not automatically initiate any MMIs, and the regular status MMIs that occur on all C-Bus networks are initiated by key or sensor units (or the new ceiling fan controller).

There are currently no C-Bus units that request level MMIs, but the feature is fully functional and ripe for exploitation.

There's nothing stopping you from requesting a level MMI at regular intervals with some sort of controller to discover group levels quickly.

Don, Mar 5, 2011
  3. scott d

scott d

Re

Thought so, we are sending out status requests to get this info, but was concerned about too much traffic requesting info all the time, I've read the manual numerous times and kept thinking I was missing something.gee it would be nice that a centeral unit existed and every time a unit changed state dimmed etc, it would pump out a message, lol

scott d, Mar 5, 2011
  4. scott d

ashleigh Moderator

Well, actually, thats exactly what goes on. When something changes, a message goes out.

You can build a model of the network very easily: you use MMIs only to do an initial populating of the network variables (groups) and their levels. After that you watch the network traffic.

This is how all Clipsal touchscreens work, and have done for 10 years. The freely available "C-Bus Module" implements all of this, and you can include it in a controller of your own where you get all this function for free.

ashleigh, Mar 6, 2011
  5. scott d

scott d

thanks for that, yep found it but not use, since last post feedback on levels working, but my settings are not as per recommended for pci in manual, do you mind if i pm you ashleigh on a quick question regarding this?

scott d, Mar 6, 2011
Ask a Question