PCI Communication with Cbus problem

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by davdj, Dec 27, 2004.

1. davdj

davdj

I have a problem with a new system I have just started setting up. I connected a 5500PC ? PCI interface to the first dimmer only. Initially the Cbus Comms.LEDs on the PCI and Dimmer was ON. After I started the Cbus Toolkit and tried to start setting up the first device, both Cbus LEDs went OFF (and the toolkit crashed). I haven?t been able to get the PCI to talk to any device. I tried other dimmers and changed the cable. I have even tried plugging in the manual burden. But no luck, I can?t get the Cbus LEDs to come ON. Scanning the network doesn?t work either. Nothing shows up? Comms between the PC and PCI seem to be ok.
    I used the diagnostic software which informed the PCI was set to address 12 ??

Has the PCI settings got messed up ? Can they be reset ?
    I can?t even see the PCI on the network ? ?. The Com/232 LED on the PCI flickers to show activity between the PC/PCI

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

davdj, Dec 27, 2004
  2. davdj

ICS-GS

Has a power supply been added? Has a clock been enabled? If so try Learn mode... it automatically enables clock & software burden. See if you can get something to happen... take it from there

ICS-GS, Dec 28, 2004
  3. davdj

davdj

Thanks

Learn mode got the bus up and running

Cheers

davdj, Dec 28, 2004
  4. davdj

ICS-GS

Tick Tock

Sounds like the clock... you should have around 3 enabled in your installation

ICS-GS, Dec 28, 2004
  5. davdj

ashleigh Moderator

Between 1 and 3. No more. More is bad....

ashleigh, Dec 30, 2004
Ask a Question