PC Interface Commands

Discussion in 'C-Bus Serial Protocols' started by Conformist, May 4, 2006.

1. Conformist

Conformist

Hi Guys

Hope you can save me some time. I can't find in which document the command set is for setting the PC Interface (particularly into smart mode). I want to look at this to determine what mode the PC Interface is currently in.

It seems the PC Interface can be taken out of this mode (by local power failure of the C-Bus Network or the PC Interface being used for C-Bus programming) and our controller doesn't know this has been changed. Is there a mechanism for this (checking) and if so, in which document of the protocol is it published?

Thanks

Chris
    Amquad

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2006
    Conformist, May 4, 2006
  2. Conformist

ashleigh Moderator

To be posting here I assume you have a full set of protocol documentation :)

If you look in the document "C-Bus Interface Requirements" you will see a series of setup strings you need to send to the PCI.

For more gory detail, look in the Serial Interface Users Guide - you need to check out the options in section 10 of the document. (Well, section 10 in my copy).

In order to set Smart Mode and make it permanent, you need to EITHER enter the | character, or set the SMART option in Interface Options 1.

To make Smart persist across power outages, you need to set the SMART option in Interface Options 1 Power Up Settings.

ashleigh, May 4, 2006
  3. Conformist

Conformist

Thanks Ashleigh

Yes, we do have a NDA in place and have the PDF docs. I must say, I don't see the one you have mentioned!! Each document is individually numbered and #10 is Ventilation.

I might need to email Steve Dunn if there is something missing

Chris
    Amquad

Conformist, May 4, 2006
  4. Conformist

Conformist

Seems I didn't save the last document (Serial Interface User Guide) onto my server. oops

Thanks for getting back to me Ashleigh.

Conformist, May 4, 2006
Ask a Question