PC CNI max connetcions

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by liorpeled, Oct 20, 2016.

1. liorpeled

liorpeled

hi.
    i cant connect to a remote network via the cni because the network already connected to rti.
    is there any way to connect the system without disconnecting the rti controller?
    thanks

liorpeled, Oct 20, 2016
  2. liorpeled

Ashley

A CNI can accept only one connection at a time. If you need multiple connections you can add multiple CNI's (or PCI's), or use Cgate as the main access point as it will handle multiple connection.

Ashley, Oct 20, 2016
  3. liorpeled

liorpeled

thank you for your help.
    how do I increase the user with the c-gate?

liorpeled, Oct 25, 2016
  4. liorpeled

Ashley

Cgate runs on a windows PC (although people have it running under linux at it's java based) and makes the connection to the PCI (or CNI). You then connect to cgate via TCP. Cgate will handle multiple TCP connections. Cgate is a much higher level interface to cbus as does most of the complex work for you. Whether it is suitable for your use depends on whether the rti can talk via cgate or only a PCI. Some devices support both, some only one. If you have toolkit installed the cgate manual is located in C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2.

Ashley, Oct 25, 2016
  5. liorpeled

simonhac

hi ashley,

i have c-gate running successfully on a MacOS box. is there a way that i can get the c-bus toolkit (currently running on the same machine, using virtual box) to use the 'remote' c-gate rather than trying to spin up its own c-gate (which fails, because the CNI is busy).

i can't see an option in c-gate toolkit to connect to a remote c-gate -- only a whole range of other options. (see attached.)

i'd like to have only one copy of c-gate running on the premises and c-bus toolkit is indispensable.

many thanks,
    simon

Attached Files:

simonhac, Jan 8, 2017
  6. liorpeled

Ashley

In the Toolkit File menu select "Connect To Remote Cgate". It will remember your selection and go there directly next time you start Toolkit.

Ashley, Jan 9, 2017
  7. liorpeled

simonhac

thank you ashley.

very simple, now that i understand the model -- much appreciated.

(tips for young players: if you, like me, are running C-Bus Toolkit in a virtualised environment on the same machine as C-gate (in a different virtual environment), you will need to add access privileges to the host's local IP address. something like: access add interface 10.0.1.24 debug)

cheers,
    simon

simonhac, Jan 9, 2017
Ask a Question