Pascal Book Recommendations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alycia, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Alycia

Alycia

Hi,

can anyone recommend a title :How to program Pascal guide for idiots etc, to get a better appreciation of the language for persons not code/programmer savvy.

Alycia, Feb 9, 2008
  2. Alycia

Darpa

Hi Alycia,

How much knowledge/experience do you already have with C-Bus Logic programming?
    Have you done the C-Bus Intermediate training course?

A normal Pascal programming book may not help you very much, as there as some significant differences between standard Pascal and C-Bus logic (In PAC, CTC, and B&W CT Mk2), however, I'm sure that someone else on here will be able to recommend a good title that might help your understanding some more.

There is alot of helpful and useful information in the help files that come with PICED, as well as a ton of more complicated questions and answers here on the forums.

If you haven't done the C-Bus training course regarding logic (Intermediate), then here is a link to the training manual for that section of the course:
    http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/__data/page/2858/C-Bus_Logic_1.zip

Hope this helps clarify things a little,
    Darpa

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2008
    Darpa, Feb 9, 2008
  3. Alycia

Alycia

Pascal examples/ tutorials

Hi Darpa,thanks.

I have attended the c-bus training courses, last being an intermediate 2. The areas of logic where it could be used was great, however as stated by the trainer and I agree, that the course was not to teach Pascal. It is our responsibility to gain more understanding. Many examples are good from a monkey see, monkey do in similar application perspective. Furthermore some examples and Help files are most probably written by a programmer or the like in a language that may be best appreciated by a real computer/software programmer,sometimes not in laymens terms.

I avoid saying to people that I am programming C-Bus, as most of the Toolkit,Piced software is generally pretty easy as I assume it is intended for us sparky's, and we are not programming in the truest sense. However, with Pascal even though a very old language this is where we can lay claim to some actual programming and hence my search for some Basic Pascal tutorials..

cheers

Alycia, Feb 17, 2008
  4. Alycia

Lucky555

The information in the logic section of the PICED help files is comprehensive. You will pick up significant pascal skills which are in the context of "logic engine". Do your self a favour and go through the logic help and examples a few times. The guy who wrote the software and the help files is an absolute genius ( although I would not recommend you let him park your car). Other than that there is a wealth of Pascal tutorial info just behind the Google page but you will get a lot of math type examples in the pure Pascal docs...

Go the PICED help / examples first...

Lucky555, Feb 17, 2008
  5. Alycia

Darren Senior Member

The logic help file topic "Pascal" lists some good tutorial web sites.

Darren, Feb 18, 2008
Ask a Question