Parallel microphones connection possible?

Discussion in 'Multi-Room Audio (MRA) and MARPA' started by lanmaster, Feb 16, 2007.

1. lanmaster

lanmaster

I need to connect a three microphones to the Switcher in broadcast input.
    These microphones must be placed in three zones (each up for 20 metres from switcher). Which microphone types need to purchase for this purposes? Is it any trouble for connect it with many audio levels from microphones?
    Can I connect microphones in parallel?
    It must be active microphones or not?

lanmaster, Feb 16, 2007
  2. lanmaster

tobex

The only place I have ever seen 3-6 microphones installed on the same system was a car. The number varies according to model.

To do it on an audio system would require some kind of micro-pc, several active microphones and software. I presume that you are feeding all the microphones to the same input socket ?

tobex, Feb 16, 2007
  3. lanmaster

MiniMe

microphones

I have managed to put a microphone as an input instead of into the broadcasting which woeked welll

MiniMe, Feb 19, 2007
  4. lanmaster

RatDeSewer

How do you want to setup this system?
    Do you want all three microphones to be used simultaneously or one at a time?
    Do you want the microphones to broadcast to all zones? If not, you could use a regular analogue input.
    The Matrix Switcher is designed to accept line level inputs, so you will need to ensure that the microphones have line level output or preamplifiers/mixer.
    I can't say if connecting microphones in parallel will work or not. You most likely will get some signal, but there are unknown loading effects that depend on the microphones.

Cheers
    RDS

RatDeSewer, Feb 20, 2007
Ask a Question