Paradox on wiser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Newbie, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Newbie

Hi All,

Is it possible to use the security pages on wiser to integrate paradox alarm functions onto the wiser?

If not what other way is there to make the page more secure?Or password protect the page that the security location is on?

We use a prt3 module from paradox to do the integration where we can see all the sensor status and arm/disarm alarm panel(the basics),and we add it onto the touch screen, but some clients want the fucntion on they wiser too..

Kindest Regards

Newbie, Apr 17, 2013
  2. Newbie

kjayakumar

Wiser supports C-Bus security. Reading this page,
    http://www.paradox-alarm-systems.com/en/p/433/paradox-prt3-
    "? Supports ASCII / C-BUS protocols
    ? 16 virtual inputs to trigger an action in the EVO control panel based on an event received from the peripheral system using ASCII or C-BUS protocol
    ? 30 virtual PGMs to trigger an action in the peripheral system using ASCII or CBUS protocol based on an event received from the EVO control panel"

seems to imply that the Paradox implements C-Bus Security. In that case, you should be able to put a Security widget on your Wiser project using PICED, load that on to your Wiser, and then interact with that from the various UIs. The UIs are protected using a single password. Are you saying you want a separate function page that has a different password? I don't think that's possible at this time.

kjayakumar, Apr 18, 2013
  3. Newbie

Beerygaz

I'm open to correction but I think the Paradox PRT3 integration is in the Lighting application and it will activate lighting groups based on events (the 30 virtual PGMs) or will see a lighting group going "on" as a PGM event that can activate a panel event (arm/disarm, etc).

I'm struggling to get this to work, but I think it might be related to my Cat5/RJ45 to RS-232 connection and RX->TX confusion. Has anyone else actually got this interface going?

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2013
    Beerygaz, May 9, 2013
  4. Newbie

Robbo_VIC

Hi Beerygaz, we use this integration on almost every install we do. On the Options tab of the PRT, you need to make sure both options under "Serial port setup options" are enabled, and that Clipsal Cbus Protocol is used at baudrate 9600.

Then you set the Virtual PGM to follow whatever event you want EG:
    Activation: Zone 1 Open
    Deactivation: Zone 1 Closed
    Then on Cbus tab enter the Cbus group address number (eg 100) for ON and OFF and the On command to ON and the Off command to OFF. Make sure the PGM Association field matches the Virtual PGM number.

So for this example, when Zone 1 opens or unseals, Cbus Group address 100 will turn on, then when Zone 1 closes or seals, Cbus Group address 100 will turn off.

As far as the cable goes, based on Cat5a standard, the blue core goes to pin 5 of the RS232 connector, then the Orange core and the Blue/White core go to pins 2 and 3 on the RS232 connector. Can't remember which is which right now, but i should be able to let you know later.

If you want any more info on the integration, let me know and i'll see if i can put together some more detailed instructions while not i'm in a hurry.

Robbo_VIC, May 14, 2013
Ask a Question