Paradox Integration

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by Jannie, May 8, 2008.

1. Jannie

Jannie

Has anyone got any experience / info on integrating a Paradox security system via the RS232 interface on C-Touch / Homegate?

I know one can integrate to an extend via a PTR3 / PC Interface but AFAIK you cannot emulate keypads, etc.

Jannie, May 8, 2008
  2. Jannie

MJS

Paradox

Jannie,

You are correct. The idea is that the user will access the functions of the alarm via a password protected page on a touch screen.

Michael

MJS, May 10, 2008
  3. Jannie

MJS

Paradox

As well as using the PTR3/serial interface, one can install an IP100 module and access status and probably arm/disarm through the web interface.

I have not done this yet on a CTC, but have a project in the pipeline where I will use some of this functionality.

Accessing this using a browser on a PC works like a charm.

MJS, May 10, 2008
  4. Jannie

Jannie

To clarify what I need to do:

Create buttons on the C-Touch that emulates the Paradox keypad and then write somee code that will do the arm/disarm, etc. via the serial interface.

Jannie, May 10, 2008
  5. Jannie

Jannie

Do you know if the IP100 supports the same protocol as the PTR3 ?

Jannie, May 10, 2008
  6. Jannie

Beerygaz

Janie, I know this is an old thread, but the answer is no - the IP100 is an awful devices that has a web interface only and does very little expose the panel to web services. There's no documented protocol, no TCP port open apart from 80, and the web interface is pretty basic too.

As for the ASCII interface via the PRT3 - that's also porrly documented and structured - the ASCII interface is often not updated in sync with the features of the panel (activity via wireless, etc).

Beerygaz, May 9, 2013
Ask a Question