PACA rs232 vs 5500PC rs232

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by daveymit, Jun 16, 2013.

1. daveymit

daveymit

Hi all,

Quick question: Does the 2x rs232 interface ports on a 5500PC act in the same manner as the PAA rs232 ports? I want to use it to control AV and need to control 3 devices all up. I already have a PAC unit and was going to buy another to control the third device but I remembered about these little ports.

If this is possible, is it the same as initializing a port on the PAC unit via logic?

Cheers guys,
    Dave

daveymit, Jun 16, 2013
  2. daveymit

rhamer

Short answer is no.

The serial ports are only for connecting with toolkit or third party software.

You can't use them to control other devices via logic.

Cheers

Rohan

rhamer, Jun 16, 2013
  3. daveymit

znelbok

It would be good to see support for teh Global cache line of products added to the PAC.

You would not be restricted to two serial ports only and they could be anywhere on the network. The litle serial iTach is a great device as is the IR.

Dave - I am in the area if you want to explore options offline.

Mick

znelbok, Jun 17, 2013
  4. daveymit

NickD Moderator

Hi Mick,

I haven't used the Global Cache products myself, so can you explain what support you need added?

Do you mean adding native logic functions to talk to them, or is there some limitation of the PAC that makes interfacing with them difficult?

Nick

NickD, Jun 17, 2013
Ask a Question