PACA and Light Level Sensor

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by zip_cool, Nov 28, 2006.

1. zip_cool

zip_cool

:) :) need some advice, can i using a PACA unit to read the target lux in a
    Light level sensor. i'm try to program a logic like :
    if the light level sensor lux is between 300-350 lux or something else then set the light level group n & m to between 20 - 60%

what device i should use add to read the i/o unit (in this case light level sensor)..

i'm not using colour touch screen, cause it too expensive..

zip_cool, Nov 28, 2006
  2. zip_cool

Darren Senior Member

The PAC doesn't have the ability to read the light level from a light level sensor. The Colour C-Touch can do it.

Darren, Nov 28, 2006
  3. zip_cool

tobex

What if the light level sensor triggers a "phantom" logic function at a preset. Does the PAC read the state of that logic function ?

tobex, Nov 28, 2006
  4. zip_cool

Darren Senior Member

What do you mean by a "logic function" ? And what is a "phantom" one ?

Darren, Nov 29, 2006
  5. zip_cool

zip_cool

yup, but the problem is my colour c-touch have a problem. it look like the software problem. thought the windows is working uncorrectly after every start up, it keep restarting it self.

question, can i reinstalling the windows. and where can i get the windows os. and the software for c-touch ultility???

zip_cool, Dec 1, 2006
  6. zip_cool

Darren Senior Member

You may need to contact Tech Support.

Darren, Dec 1, 2006
  7. zip_cool

Richo

The CTC runs a special version of Windows and cannot be "installed" it is a "handbuilt" image created in house and if failing may indicate a hardware problem. Please contact tech support who know the correct procedure that need to be followed to get you up and running again.

Richo, Dec 1, 2006
  8. zip_cool

zip_cool

o0o so it mean i need to send my ctc to the tech support than let them to fix the error. actually it not an hardware error. it just a small software problem. same like the windows xp. i just accidentally delete the program inside the ctc. the program for c-bus ultility.. and the touch screen program.

if i can't get the raw copy of that program, may there is some ftp address for me to download. of if any one have it, feel free to share it with me at: [email protected]

if i send the ctc to tech support. it wiill take maybe 2 or 3 month long for me to get it back..

maybe there is other solution.

zip_cool, Dec 4, 2006
  9. zip_cool

Richo

Yep .. that will break it. :)

Our only plans in place to deal with this is to "repair" the compact flash card. There would be no need to return the entire CTC. You are going to need to contact Tech Support to take this any further. They may be able to send you the missing files. Just explain what happened and they will sort out some way of getting you up and running again.

Richo, Dec 4, 2006
  10. zip_cool

suresh

Alarm for CBUS System on Bacnet

Hi,

I am Using a CBus system and I have a Bacnet Controller which is connected to the Bacnet Workstation. I want a alarm trigger on the Bacnet Workstation whenever the Communication to the CBus Relay or PIR Sensors or Light Level Sensor or Neo Key Button panel or Dimmer fails or Power Off.

Please help to get the solution for the above.

regards
    Suresh

suresh, Jan 9, 2009
  11. zip_cool

suresh

Light Level Sensor

Hi,

I am using a CBUS System and is connected to Bacnet Workstation thru a Bacnet Gateway. I want to display the Target Lux Value and Measured Lux Value of Light Level Sensor (5031PE)on the Bacnet Workstation Screen and even i want to control the same from the Bacnet workstation.

I dont want to use CTC, Please suggest a Solution or any other product can i use to achieve the above.

Regards
    Suresh

suresh, Jan 9, 2009
  12. zip_cool

suresh

CBus alarm on BMS workstation

IHi,

am Controlling the CBus Network group from Citect Scada Workstation. I want to display the Alarm of CBus system whenever the Relay or Sensor or Button fails or CBus Communication cable disconnected. The CBus System should trigger a Alarm on the Citect Graphical user stating that Communication fail or Sensor Communication fail.

Please suggest whether this possible in CBus system.

Regards
    Suresh

suresh, Jan 12, 2009
  13. zip_cool

Darren Senior Member

You can use logic in a PAC, C-Touch Mark 2 or Colour C-Touch to read the light level using a "monitor" and broadcast that as a group address level. This can then be transmitted to Bacnet.

You can not read the target level.

Darren, Jan 12, 2009
  14. zip_cool

Darren Senior Member

There are no messages sent to C-Bus when a unit fails. Currently, what you require would not be possible.

Darren, Jan 12, 2009
Ask a Question