PAC "Too much logic" - so close!!!

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by BradJ, Mar 29, 2006.

1. BradJ

BradJ

First, before I forget, does the PAC have a programming limit of 100 or is that the Colour CTouch, or just the ol' B&W CTouch? (I am in trouble if my PAC is only going to allow me 100 debug cycles).

I've written the code, simulated on PC until it was perfect, transferred to PAC and failed with "too much logic", so I need to shuffle things around. I have one question:
    Does a Delay() within a module reset the 'magic' that generates the "Too much logic" error?

If it doesn't, I believe my choices are to either split up logic into seperate modules, or split the logic into a state machine within one module. For me, probably the latter would suit my project.

Also, is there a way I can tell from running my logic in PICED that I am going to get the 'too much logic' when I transfer to the PAC? I was keeping an eye on the "Processor" "Resources" fields but nothing stood out to me as being a problem.

So close, but yet so far....
    Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2006
    BradJ, Mar 29, 2006
  2. BradJ

Darren Senior Member

The limit for the PAC is much higher (around 1000 or more).

No it doesn't. Since a delay means that the rest of the code in the module doesn't run on that loop, then it is more likely that it won't run out of time.

No there isn't. It is on the list of things to do, but it will take a lot of work.

Darren, Mar 29, 2006
Ask a Question