PAC problems (maybe?)

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by froop, Feb 4, 2008.

1. froop

froop

Hi All,

I've just taken delivery of my 5500PAC, and plugged it into my C-Bus network. I went through a bit of trouble shooting, and I'm hoping that someone can glance over the following and let me know if its expected behaviour. Its mostly the last bit I'm questioning, but I'm including everything in case someone else comes across this thread in the future looking for answers.

1. Unpack PAC and mount into DIN enclosure. Move one pink RJ45 from CNI to PAC, and use the included jump lead to bridge the gap. Blinkenlights start happening.

2. Fire up Toolkit, move PAC from 255 to 002, and christen it "Mr Pascal"

3. Fire up PICED (4.0.0 - yes I know, I should download the new version), and bring up a previously saved PAC project which has one scene (Watch TV) which is triggered by a Watch TV lighting group. Connect to C-Bus and test the scene. All good, now to transfer it to the PAC.

4. I'm in the lounge, connecting wireless from my lappy, so go to Options->ProgramOptions and connect to unit via C-Bus.

4. Select Options->ConnectToCbus, then Transfer->ConnectToUnit

5. Select Transfer->TransferProjectToUnit, and get a Could Not Connect error. Configure and check log file, and I've got a string of hex from PAC (Tx "80 02 00 0C 00 00 01 F0 00 10 FE 71 ")

6. After a bit of "head meets wall" with disconnecting, reconnecting, this, that, I move up to my data room, install the USB driver and plug the PAC in, and change connection method to serial. I attempt a transfer, and get a message telling my my PAC firmware is out of date. So I do the firmware update and transfer the project. Takes no more than two minutes.

7. New firmware, I'll try the C-Bus connection again. Make a slight change to my scene, and do the transfer. This time it works, but here is the reason for my post, to transfer one scene with 3 components over C-Bus took no less than 30-45 minutes!! I can appreciate the C-Bus network bandwidth would be much slower than the USB connection directly to the PAC, but is half an hour expected??

Thanks for any feedback,

Mark.

froop, Feb 4, 2008
  2. froop

goggan

I have just noticed some sudden peculiarities with my PAC too (connecting over CBUS).

- Scheduled events aren't occurring (the were until a few days ago).
    - Project transfer is very slow too (This appears to be a new phenomenon).
    - Having upgraded to PICED 4.4.1, the firmware dialogue is greyed out, so I can't upload 3.30 (I have 3.19 on there). I believe this is probably because I'm accessing it over CBUS rather than USB, I'll have to check that later.
    - I can't transfer the project *from* the PAC to examine it (but I'm not sure I ever could). Again, a bit of reading indicates this may be a CBUS vs. USB thing.

This appears to have started since I tinkered with the fan logic the other day, and I did have one failed project transfer.

Did you make any progress with your slow transfer issue?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2008
    goggan, Sep 26, 2008
  3. froop

froop

No, not really. Whenever I want to transfer to from PICED to PAC, I use the direct USB connection.

froop, Sep 27, 2008
Ask a Question