PAC - how to turn on some circuits after 'all off'

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Opto, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Opto

Opto

I'm thinking of programming an 'all off' scene for approx 60 circuits + i.e. whole house so thought PAC may be best way?

Some bathroom cabinets have pull cords to turn light on/off but are just programmed and left always on on cbus (no local control button in room).

If the cabinets are included in the 'all off' how should they be re-enabled when someone returns home?

Is there a way for CBus to remember the state of certain circuits and set an input unit button to cause the circuits to revert to their previous state or is an 'on' button for just the circuits feeding the cabinets best?

Any thoughts and advice of other / better ways welcome.

Opto, Nov 10, 2014
  2. Opto

Ashley

If you want to restore the state of all the lighting to what it was before executing your ALL OFF scene you will need to write some logic save the state before the scene and restore it later. This is not trivial. If you only want to restore certain lights just create a new scene and trigger either manually via a button or automatically when some detectable state occurs (e.g. alarm being disabled, movement etc depending on what you have available).

Ashley, Nov 11, 2014
  3. Opto

Opto

Thanks Ashley, setting out the best/possible options helps a great deal.

I think I will try to re-enable specific circuits when movement is detected on an indoor sensor.

Opto, Nov 15, 2014
Ask a Question