Pac help with multi sensor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by unmack, Jun 6, 2007.

1. unmack

unmack

im new to cbus and my first job is my own house, in my bedroom i have a multi sensor which im going to use to turn on one light as you enter. then use a 5088tx remote to turn off the sensor at night, then what i would like to happen is for the multi sensor to reset itself every morning at say 10 oclock i have a pac in the system but an unsure where to start. please any help would be great.

unmack, Jun 6, 2007
  2. unmack

Phil.H

I think you might find a movement sensor inside your bedroom a real pain in the backside. From your description is sounds like you are going to use a remote to disable the unit. This will become a pain if you can't find the remote, forget to disable, come home with a skin full etc etc.

Consider having the movment sensor send a message on C-Bus that does nothing other than trigger some code in your pac. ie the sensor should not directly control a group of lights. The message from the sensor can be acted upon by the PAC in different ways. eg between sunset and 10pm bring lights on @ 35%, after 10 pm bring the lights on @ 20%. Have a button next to the bed which acts as a goodnight switch. (trigger a scene in the PAC) include an enable/disable group in the goodnight scene to kill the multi sensor. Use a schedule to enable the sensor again at sunset.

Movement sensors in bedrooms are not a real good idea from a practical point. Movement sensors in bedroom hallways and ensuites are really handy.

PS if you are using the PAC for time based ops you should have a unit capable of setting the time and keeping the PAC accurate time wise eg DLT or C-Touch.

Phil.H, Jun 6, 2007
Ask a Question