PAC firmware issue

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by MHeaton, Sep 23, 2012.

1. MHeaton

MHeaton

Hi,
    my PAC's status light is flashing very quickly. According to the manual this implies an invalid firmware. I have reapplied the 3.80 firmware and have the same issue.

In doing this there needs to be a setting in PICED to apply the old firmwares as, although you ship the firmware you don't appear to be able to target the compiler to build to them and hence I can't try an old version.

Has anyone any other ideas?

From what I can see the scene functionality is working as do the scripts apart from one of them.

Thanks
    Mark

MHeaton, Sep 23, 2012
  2. MHeaton

Newman

The first thing to do is create a new blank project for the PAC and download that to the unit. If this gets the unit to behave normally then you knwo that the issue lies somewhere within your project.

Newman, Sep 24, 2012
  3. MHeaton

Darren Senior Member

It isn't as simple as that. PICED is compatible with a range of PAC firmware, based on the configuration file format. Shipping old firmware with PICED would be pointless because PICED would not be able to generate a configuration file compatible with the old firmware.

Darren, Sep 24, 2012
  4. MHeaton

MHeaton

Newman - thanks. Bad news I am afraid. The problem persists with a blank project. Is it a return to base job?

Darren - I wasn't trying to suggest it would be easy :) and you do ship the old firmware!

It would be a useful enhancement to allow the compiler to target a specific firmware version but I know there is a long list.

Thanks
    Mark

MHeaton, Sep 24, 2012
  5. MHeaton

Newman

Sorry, forgot to mention that you should also re-download the firmware to the unit when you do this. It needs to be the version of firmware that shipped with the version of PICED you are using. If you're using the most recent version of PICED then you need the newest version of the firmware.

Newman, Sep 25, 2012
  6. MHeaton

MHeaton

Newman,
    Thanks - I had tried this already. As a check - the firmware installed with PICED (the latest version) is PAC_3_80_0.mot with a size of 362,390 bytes (not the size on the disk).

Regards
    Mark

MHeaton, Sep 25, 2012
  7. MHeaton

Darren Senior Member

I didn't notice this comment when I first read it. If the firmware is corrupted, the PAC will not do anything. If the PAC is executing scenes and doing some logic, then the firmware is fine.

The status light should be flashing about 2.5 times per second. This is normal.

Darren, Sep 27, 2012
Ask a Question