PAC Controller Clock

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Stephen Scott, Apr 26, 2014.

1. Stephen Scott

Stephen Scott

Good Morning,

I have been doing a lot of reading, and work with a PAC Controller and I am getting conflicting information and very confused.

Can anyone tell me if the PAC Controller has it's own real time clock, if it does, how do you adjust it?

Also can this internal Clock control items set up in the Schedule Manager when the C Bus Network is not connected to a Computer?

Thanks in advance.
    Stephen

Stephen Scott, Apr 26, 2014
  2. Stephen Scott

DarylMc

Hi Stephen

Yes it has an inbuilt real time clock which has a 24 hour capacitor backup or optional battery backup as described in the installation manual.
    http://www2.clipsal.com/cis/__data/...ion Controller Installation Instructions2.pdf

As far as I know the only way to adjust the time is with Piced while connected by USB.

Yes the schedules will run from the PAC once you have transferred your project to the PAC.

Do all your testing of schedules with Piced to make sure you are happy that it works before you transfer it to the PAC.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    DarylMc, Apr 26, 2014
  3. Stephen Scott

Mr Mark

Mr Mark, Apr 26, 2014
  4. Stephen Scott

DarylMc

Thanks Mark
    That sounds a lot nicer than using PICED and a USB cable.

DarylMc, Apr 26, 2014
  5. Stephen Scott

Stephen Scott

Guy's,

Thanks for your assistance, this has worked well and all my confusion has been cleared up (for now!).
    It does appear that all devices on the network may poll once a day to up date their clocks as I didn't get time to look at why my Pac Scheduling wasn't working, I reset the clock on the DLT yesterday but it wasn't until this afternoon that the scheduling started working.

All is good and thanks again.

Regards
    Stephen

Stephen Scott, Apr 27, 2014
Ask a Question