Op?l Home Automation Software

Discussion in 'Third-Party Solutions' started by SamKosky, Aug 14, 2016.

1. SamKosky

SamKosky

Hi All,

Just a brief introduction ? I?m Sam from Op?l, a startup based in Melbourne. We are currently developing a software platform for the home automation industry here in Australia, and will be starting our integration with C-Bus as it seems to be the dominant solution in the market today.

I would imagine there would be a fair few seasoned professionals on these forums (both integrators and consumers), and would love to discuss things further with you if you could spare the time.

Consumers ? we?d like to discuss how you currently use and interact with your system.

Integrators ? we?d like to discuss the more technical aspects of an installation.

Most of this is covered in our online survey, so if you could spare 2 mins, we?d greatly appreciate your feedback! Oh, and feel free to tell friends/family about the survey too. The more feedback we have, the better :)

www.opul.com.au

Alternatively, please feel free to PM me your thoughts/opinions/contact details. Happy to travel anywhere in the Melbourne region!

Also, we will be looking for beta testers in the coming months. So if you have a C-Bus installation and would like to trial the software, please let me know.

Any other questions, ask away!

Cheers,

Sam

SamKosky, Aug 14, 2016
  2. SamKosky

NickD Moderator

What platforms does your software run on?

Nick

NickD, Aug 15, 2016
  3. SamKosky

SamKosky

Hey Nick,

We're going to try to support all major platforms.
    • Android & iOS - this will cover phones, smart watches, TVs & cars.
    • Web
    • Server software may change, but we want to support Windows & Linux.

Ultimately, we'd like to release our own hardware so you don't need to install the server software yourself. But this will require a fair amount of funding. We'll release the software to a select group of C-Bus users, get some feedback, then try and approach some investors for funding once we know the software works the way we want it to.

SamKosky, Aug 16, 2016
Ask a Question