Only turn on groups at certain times schedule?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jako, Jan 16, 2006.

1. jako

jako

I have an alarm which when PIR?s detect motion turn on a group address .
    But I only want the group address to turn on at evenings. Any one has a good way of doing this. I have a touch screen maybe that can be used in some way or a SENPIRSS

Thanks in advance

jako, Jan 16, 2006
  2. jako

bartmannz

logic in CTC

Create a group in the lighting application and assign this to the PIR , then use logic in the Touch screen which looks at this groups state. Write the logic with the times you want it to activate the group you want switched on:)

bartmannz, Jan 16, 2006
  3. jako

mikegriff

My Guess is that Jako only has a Black and White Touch Screen
    and hence no Logic :mad:
    Mike

mikegriff, Jan 16, 2006
  4. jako

jako

sorry its is only the black & white touch screen
    thanks

jako, Jan 16, 2006
  5. jako

NickD Moderator

What do you want to do with the group address?

If at the end of the day (pun intended) you just want it to control an output, then you can use the logic in the output unit so that the output only comes on when the PIR is triggered AND it's evening. This doesn't however give you a group address that follows the state of the output (ie that could be monitored by something else).

The "evening detection" can be done with the sunset feature of a PIR(preferably outdoor), or (I think) via a calculation built into the CTouch, based on the date and latitude/longitude.

If however you want a "stand alone" group address that is on only if the PIR is tripped AND it's evening, then I think you'll need a logic engine (PAC, CTouch Colour, etc).

Perhaps you could describe what you have and what you want to achieve in a bit more detail.

Nick

NickD, Jan 17, 2006
Ask a Question