Ongoing Graphs on Schedule Plus

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by bmerrick, Aug 29, 2009.

1. bmerrick

bmerrick

Hi There CIS,

May be an easy one.

I have multiple graphs going tracking temperature in house, outside and pool temp. I have wound these out to 30 days so you can see trends etc, but every now and then need to reboot the touch screen PC as it runs other software not as robust as Schedule Plus ;-p

Is there a way of making the graphs pick up from where they left off rather than just restarting and so losing trends etc.

Thanks,

Brad

bmerrick, Aug 29, 2009
  2. bmerrick

Darren Senior Member

Not at the moment. This is on the CIS list of things to do though...

Darren, Aug 29, 2009
  3. bmerrick

bmerrick

Graph Continuity and Pop Up Editor?

Hi Darren,

Thanks for that. Anytime in the next 7 days will be great!! Screen is in a kitchen and also a PC TV and the software croaks from time to time hence the reboot required problem.

On a different subject, I can't seem to get the pop-up editor to work. I have it ticked in the options for the project, but when I go to google or something that requires a password, no on screen keyboard comes up, and I have no keyboard on the touch screen. Help doesn't say much, can you suggest what I am doing wrong?

All the best,

Brad

bmerrick, Aug 29, 2009
  4. bmerrick

Darren Senior Member

I would love to oblige, but it won't happen :)

It would be interesting to know what is happening. Schedule Plus is designed to run 24/7 without needing re-boots. If you have any details, please let us know.

The pop-up editor only applies to editing aspects of the Schedule Plus project. If you need to enter text for other aspects of the operating system, there are other bits of software you can install. Most panel PCs come with some sort of virtual keypad.

Darren, Aug 29, 2009
  5. bmerrick

Darpa

I think bmerrick was referring to windows itself or some other software on the system needing a re-boot, not S+ itself.

Darpa, Aug 29, 2009
  6. bmerrick

bmerrick

Hi Darpa & Darren,

Yes, no problems with S+ itself, just the crudy USB stick TV software that locks up on exit sometimes.

Thanks re: the pop up editor. I will look for something else to do this. I just thought it read in the help like what I wanted, and so tried it in mainly browser windows etc for google and the like, didn't work in those so I assumed it wasn't working.

have a good one,

Brad

bmerrick, Aug 30, 2009
  7. bmerrick

Darpa

Most versions of windows do have an on-screen keyboard installed, and you can usually find it under Start Menu> All Programs> Accessories> Accessibility> On-Screen Keyboard.

However SOMETIMES it's not installed.

Also, with your USB TV Tuner software, have you tried using other software to watch TV? Or tried downloading the latest software for your USB tuner? Might help with your problem, as I know several programs for several tv tuners out there have really crappy software, and sometimes non-oem software can work better. It's also possible that the OEM of yours may have updated their software to work better.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2009
    Darpa, Aug 30, 2009
Ask a Question