on/off scene toggle with one button

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by mitchl, Sep 19, 2018.

1. mitchl

mitchl

Hi all, just need some help with an on/off scene (master) toggle with one button. I have the button working fine with one button using secondary application and trigger group control. The issue i have is that i have one of these master switches on both sides of a bed head. When i use one button and have the outputs and indicators turn on the other button does not correspond to the first, you have to push it on before you can turn it off and the other way around also. Am i missing something or is easier to add separate on/off buttons on both sides of the bed. Thanks in advance.

mitchl, Sep 19, 2018
  2. mitchl

NickD Moderator

Unfortunately scene toggle is a function that only works locally on the device that the scene is defined in.

If you have a logic capable device, you could move the scene to that, and then use the toggle function on a dummy control group in the switches, and then write some logic code to trigger the on/off scenes based on the dummy control group state.

Nick

NickD, Sep 20, 2018
Ask a Question