Older Manufactured Units

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Guff, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Guff

Guff

I'd like to ask what the guru's here think about older cbus units, and whether there is a functional different from a newly manufactured unit. Primarily I'd be interested in these:

L5504AUX -- Manufactured 2005
    5753PEIRL -- Manufactured 2005

The reason I ask, is we just purchased some units at work for an interstate customer and found them to be very old stock.:confused:

I would have thought there would be some difference from currently manufactured units, perhaps with an improvement or two?

Guff, Apr 3, 2008
  2. Guff

NickD Moderator

The 5504AUX would be no different, however it's possible the multisensor (5753PEIRL) may be an older firmware version.

Probably the most noticeable difference between the current multisensor version (2.0.00) and previous versions is that the older ones do not have the ability to turn off some of the indicators.

Nick

NickD, Apr 3, 2008
  3. Guff

Newman

The low light level sensing was also improved on 5753PEIRL's with v2.0 firmware and the light level maintenance feature also had an internal re-vamp.

Newman, Apr 7, 2008
  4. Guff

Guff

Many thanks, spoke with local Cbus rep and arranged to return the offending units. We received some more units dated manufacture Oct 2006.

I must say I an quite surprised at the dates of (some) newly purchased units, Oct 2007 would have been more what I expected for multisensors.

Guff, Apr 8, 2008
  5. Guff

ashleigh Moderator

It all depends on who keeps stock, and how much, and where it is. sometimes the pipeline can be longer than we all expect.

ashleigh, Apr 9, 2008
  6. Guff

znelbok

Just my opinion, but this is why I think having the end user being able to upgrade firmware is a good idea.

Mick

znelbok, Apr 9, 2008
  7. Guff

ashleigh Moderator

Sorry, there are many, many reasons why end user firmware updates will not happen. Cost is up there at #1.

ashleigh, Apr 9, 2008
  8. Guff

zip_cool

another idea is, we can return back the old manufactured unit to clipsal. or maybe clipsal people can help us to upgrade it. each region should have a company or representative that have the right to do that. so when the user neded this function, they don't need to send it back to australia. :p

zip_cool, May 7, 2008
  9. Guff

JohnC

But I can flash the firmware in a $40 (retail) DVD Burner. So perhaps cost is not the reason... :rolleyes:

JohnC, May 9, 2008
Ask a Question