Old system - new component

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by Will2, Jul 29, 2021.

1. Will2

Will2

I have an older cbus controller (circa 1999) and can access and modify the original Key4/2/1 switches via the cbus toolkit (ver 1.10.9), however recently I had a faulty Key4 switch replaced with a KeyC4. When I go to edit this Unit, I get a "Error - 2064" message requesting I get the updated version of the toolkit. I go away and upgrade my toolkit to ver 1.15.7 and go to connect, I get a msg that it can't read the Project and I have to upgrade the Project. Any ideas??

Will2, Jul 29, 2021
  2. Will2

Ashley

What's the extension on the project file? Is it .xml or .tag

Ashley, Jul 29, 2021
  3. Will2

Will2

#.cbz

Will2, Jul 29, 2021
  4. Will2

Ashley

The .cbz file is a backup file. It's a zipped copy of one or more projects created by the FILE/BACKUP PROJECTS menu item. You can restore these via Toolkit or extract them with ZIP.

Toolkit tag files are stored in C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\tag.
    If you were using Toolkit 1.10.9 you should have a .xml file that the latest version of toolkit should be able to read.

Post what you have in C:\Clipsal\C-Gate2\tag and what's inside the .cbz file.

Ashley, Jul 29, 2021
Ask a Question