Old C-Touch dead after new Piced file download

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by 2SC, Jul 2, 2012.

1. 2SC

2SC

I have a project in Myconos island 170Km far from the nearest port (also 300 euros far :eek:) where the simple installation was finished back in June 2008.

A significant restoration took place and I had to reprogram the installation.
    I did it by remote access with a PC running latest Toolkit and Piced.
    Everything went well with Toolkit, the units were reprogrammed without any problem.
    That's not what happened with Piced. I had to program the old B/W C-Touch via c-bus since they didn't have a USB to serial cable. Since the project was small, the duration for transferring the project was less than half an hour. However, when the transfer procedure finished, the unit became blank with just the message "This unit is not programmed" or something like that.

I tried to download it for a second time without any luck.

So, I installed older versions of Toolkit (1.11.12) and Piced (4.10.1) and tried to download a simple one button project without any success.

Is there a way to fix this? In a similar situation, at another project few days ago where the transfer via c-bus was stopped by accident, when I went on site and downloaded directly to the unit the C-Touch came back to life.

2SC, Jul 2, 2012
  2. 2SC

Darren Senior Member

When transferring a project via C-Bus, it is critical that the touch screen firmware version is compatible with PICED. There is a big warning on PICED about the consequences of not checking this.

If the project was installed several years ago, it is most likely that the touch screen firmware was quite old and not compatible. The firmware has to be updated by direct connection unfortunately.

Darren, Jul 8, 2012
  3. 2SC

2SC

You R sooo right Darren.

As soon as I connected directly, the tc worked perfectly...

2SC, Jul 8, 2012
Ask a Question