Old C-Bus projects

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by jasonwall, Aug 31, 2018.

1. jasonwall

jasonwall

Just wondering if anyone knows how to get an old C-Bus .TAG file into a current .XML to use with the latest Toolkit?
    We have a house that we last did any work on back in 2002 and I can only find a folder from an old backup of a laptop with the following file types in a folder structure that is Toolkit/PROJECTS/"projector folder name":
    xxx.001
    xxx.BUS
    xxx.DBF
    xxx.MDX
    xxx.TAG
    xxx.TGB
    xxx.TOP

Is there anything I can do with these short of going to the client's site, scanning their CBUS network after creating a new project in toolkit and then opening the .TAG file and manually typing the group names in against the scanned group addresses that show up?

jasonwall, Aug 31, 2018
  2. jasonwall

daniel C-Busser Moderator

These files were created using C-Bus Installation Software, now long since obsolete.

C-Bus Toolkit was introduced in 2004 to replace that software, and had the ability to import a project from these files (I believe it was an option in one of the pull-down menus).

C-Bus Toolkit v1.10.9 (in 2009) was the last release to support this import feature. You can find it in the "Show old versions" link on the CIS Downloads site, also here is a direct link.

First import your data into this version of Toolkit (this will create the .XML), then install the latest Toolkit and it will upgrade your project, bringing you up to date.

daniel, Sep 5, 2018
    Mr Mark likes this.
Ask a Question