Old BW C-Touch firmware not updating

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by RogerB, Jan 5, 2014.

1. RogerB

RogerB

I have an old BW C-Touch unit in an older installation. It was in a Minder system, but that failed, and we now have an Elk M1 running the security side. I have tried to connect using serial cable from USB on laptop, but will not connect. Have now tried 2 different USB to serial cables without being able to connect, so decided to try to connect via CBUS.
    It connected OK, and transferred project - but screen not happy (not working / frozen). When connecting it advised CTouch version firmware 3.79.100 - 3.89.99
    I have upgraded to latest CBUS and PICED. Everything OK on the newly installed Spectrum Colour CTouch and Wiser units, but not the old unit.
    When connecting there is no message that firmware should be upgraded - which I got when connecting to the Wiser after the upgrade.

Is it possible to upgrade the firmware on this unit by connecting via CBUS?
    Piced is 4.12.1.0 - is the old CTouch tooooooo old??

Any help would be much appreciated

RogerB, Jan 5, 2014
  2. RogerB

tobex

It is a windows problem. What you need is the most simple configuration possible.

I use a machine with Windows XP 32Bit and a real serial port and it works very well. If you are in Sydney or want to mail me the unit I can send it back with the latest firmware. Or Clipsal might be able to do it.

Windows 7 64bit seems to make a mess of it by failing to locate the firmware file and attach to the project upload.

tobex, Mar 7, 2014
  3. RogerB

Mr Mark

Windows 7 ok.

I updated an original monochrome screen a few weeks back, including firmware with no problem on a W7 64 bit machine and a Dontronics USB to serial adaptor. Worked first go.

Just my 2c worth...

I wouldn't recommend transferring a new project to the touch screen over C-Bus unless you've got lots of time to spare.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2014
    Mr Mark, Mar 8, 2014
  4. RogerB

tobex

I also found out that if apps are installed in non-standard locations that the apps tend to have issues.

tobex, Mar 10, 2014
Ask a Question