Off delay for switch.

Discussion in 'C-Bus Toolkit and C-Gate Software' started by Mudi, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Mudi

Mudi

hi...
    I am new to C-bus kindly let me know how to set off delay timer for key switch???

Thanx

Mudi, Nov 27, 2012
  2. Mudi

Newman

Can you summarise the full behaviour you want from the button? i.e. how you want the switch to behave when turning on and off the light?

Newman, Nov 28, 2012
  3. Mudi

Mudi

Hi .. Thankx for reply.

senario is like this.... I need to setup one switch to off the relay with a delay... when press button for OFF the lights.... then start timer and counting the predefine time then go to OFF position.... practical scenario is when switch located inside the room little bit far from the door... when operator switch off the lights every where will be dark and he is unable to find the door easily... if there is a delay to off lights he can go out from the room during the off delay...:)

Mudi, Nov 30, 2012
  4. Mudi

Newman

If the only function the button needs to perform is a turn-off delay then there are 2 quick and easy ways to achieve this:
    • Configure the button Function as a Timer, with the Timer Type set to Retrigger. You can then specify the duration of the timer in 1 second increments. By default the Timer Expiry command will be Off Key, which will turn off the Group Address. The button indicator will flash whilst the timer is running.
    • Configure the button with a Ramp Off function. This will ramp the level of the group address from the current level (most likely 100%) to Off using the Ramp 2 rate of the unit. The Ramp 2 rate is, by default, 12 seconds but it can be changed to suit your requirements. The relay unit will turn off when the level reaches 0%.

Newman, Dec 1, 2012
  5. Mudi

Mudi

Thanks for the quick response. check & inform the status.... bye

Mudi, Dec 2, 2012
Ask a Question