Occupancy sensors

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by Charlie Crackle, Sep 2, 2004.

1. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I am interested in some feed back on the 2 clipsal indow PIR Sensors

1) Cbus 360 Roof Mount (Not Too ugly :) )
    2) Cbus dome Unit (Very Ugly ;) )

I would like to use for occupancy sensors and to turn lights on when room entered.

I like the 360 version but I am worried that if it was centeraly mounted in a room some of the beams will go out the door. So some one just walking down the hall might trigger it.

The Dome unit can be mounted on the roof over the door so no beams go out which will stop false triggering but person will have to enter the room a fair way in to trigger lighting. (the 360 would pick up the movement quicker if mounted centeraly)

I would like some feed back on experences people have had.

Charlie Crackle, Sep 2, 2004
  2. Charlie Crackle

Newman

The 5751L (Indoor PIR) mounted in the corner of a room is pretty good at triggering when someone enters the room. The field of view is a little over 90 degrees so it should respond quickly when someone enters the room.

Newman, Sep 3, 2004
  3. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

I was hoping to use the 5753L as occupancy sensor. I thaught the 5751L
    would work better (in the corner). I just think they look ugly

I was wondering what people real life experences were with the 360Deg PIR.

I would like to know if working past an open door triggers the unit. if the unit is centeraly mounted in the roof.

I have bought 2 if the 360 Degree 5753L. One box has a sticker saying Upgraded Model. What is the UPGRADE ???

Charlie Crackle, Sep 3, 2004
  4. Charlie Crackle

daniel C-Busser Moderator

If you mount the 5751L in the corner away from the door (on the same wall), you'll get full 90 degree coverage of the room but the outside corridor will be completely out of view.

daniel, Sep 6, 2004
  5. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Charlie

My understanding of the upgrade is to a new sensor element that has a circular detection pattern in lieu of the previous elliptical pattern.

Bottom line is that you can whack the 360 deg. sensor in the roof any way you like and get the same PIR range in all directions.

Pevious sensor had about 10% more range on one axis than the other.

Newman, Sep 6, 2004
  6. Charlie Crackle

Charlie Crackle

The other thing that is new with the upgrade is the Mounting... A nice little clip. Just push the unit up and it clips in the hole. (no more plastic ring you need to be in the roof to place on.

I totally agree putting a 5751L on a corner is the best option. They are just ugly.

I was hoping to get some feed back on users experience with the the 360 Version.

Clipsal. Which do you sell more of 5751L or 5753L and by what % ??

Any one with a 5753L if you walk past the door (not in the room) does it pick you up.

Charles

Charlie Crackle, Sep 7, 2004
  7. Charlie Crackle

Newman

Charlie

The update to the new enclosure and the update to the new sensor element have happened separately. About 12 months ago the new enclosure came on line for the 5753L and I agree that it is a vast improvement on the original design.

The new sensor with the circular detection pattern has only become available in the last month or two.

Can't help you on which one is sold in higher volumes though. I know that they're both sold by the truckload.

You can achieve the directionality by putting the 5753L in the corner of the room too, since it picks up IR in all directions. The only down side is that you'll only have a detection range of about 7 metres or so into the room this way.

Newman, Sep 7, 2004
Ask a Question