Occupancy Controller / PIR Ultrasonic

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by jakelanauze, Jul 18, 2013.

1. jakelanauze

jakelanauze

Hi All,

I'm trying to find out a bit more on the 752/CD PIR/Ultrasonic detector listed in the product overview catalogue .

What I really want to know is are these a standalone sensor, or are they used in conjunction with the occupancy controller?

Also, if they are used with the occupancy controller, can I use the controller to control relay channels on an L5508RVF or do I need to use the on board relays?

Any and all help appreciated as always.

jakelanauze, Jul 18, 2013
  2. jakelanauze

Newman

The sensors work in conjunction with the Occupancy controller. The Occupancy Controller provides power to the sensors and the sensors send motion events back. The Occupancy Controller provides the bulk of the logic to determine what happens in response to motion.

The sensor input can be assigned in a bunch of different ways. One of them is to assign it to a C-Bus Group Address, allowing you to control other groups.

The best way to learn about what the unit can/can't do is to add an Occupancy Controller to your C-Bus Toolkit Database, open the UI and have a poke around.

Newman, Jul 18, 2013
  3. jakelanauze

jakelanauze

Thanks Newman,

I figured this was the case, I just wasnt sure as there doesnt seem to be a whole lot of information on these around.

I had a little play in toolkit today but i'll look a bit further into it.

Thanks for the reply.

jakelanauze, Jul 18, 2013
Ask a Question