Occasional Error on TCP Display Screen

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by pspeirs, Nov 12, 2021.

1. pspeirs

pspeirs

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced an occasional error as follows coming up on the wall display (used with the SHAC). It's been fine, nothing changed from that end in terms of screen design, etc. The only thing added has been a script to push values across to a mqtt broker.

The page at "http://10.1.1.240" says
    Error: trend load failed or access denied

Is it possible that it could be an access conflict sending a value across to the mqtt script when a trend config is trying to access that value. I have an event script that runs on particular measurement values when they update.

Cheers,
    Paul

pspeirs, Nov 12, 2021
  2. pspeirs

Pie Boy

Do you use username and passwords for the screen to connect to shac, if so under user access tab dose the touchscreen user have access to trends?
    If not do you get the same error when loading the vis from a browser etc?

Pie Boy, Nov 12, 2021
  3. pspeirs

pspeirs

I'm using the admin account to connect, I'm not sure if I was always using this account but I assume it would have the required access. Are you saying I can connect the screen without user/password? I'd be cool with that option.

pspeirs, Nov 12, 2021
  4. pspeirs

Pie Boy

Yes you can disable password for vis.
    admin access will still be required to access the configuration side of the box.
    in the user access tab at the bottom left there is user access settings button, then just tick box to disable username and password meaning any device can hit the url without authentication etc.
    if there are any additional vis user credentials these will be disabled.

Pie Boy, Nov 12, 2021
  5. pspeirs

pspeirs

OK cool, don't need creds inside the house.
    I don't think it was a credentials thing in any case, it hasn't happened since I posted, and I've not had issues accessing trends, etc. It was a random thing which is why I thought it could be a contention thing. Will keep an eye on it, may end up installing Android OS on it in any case if I end up going down the Home Assistant path.

pspeirs, Nov 15, 2021
Ask a Question