NZ based programmer required for 5500SHAC!!

Discussion in 'C-Bus Automation Controllers' started by SMC, Jul 11, 2020.

1. SMC

SMC

Hello, I would appreciate any contact details of an Auckland, NZ based programmer who can assist in setup of a 5500SHAC unit I purchased for my home...Running 7 dimmers and 3 relays. I need someone who can get me started and enable me to do the rest of of programming myself and in my own time. I don't need a Schneider NZ rep to turn up at my home and quote me huge $$$...I am pretty capable (for a female) having used toolkit to setup my own project and have the time to do so. So far, I have managed to install SHAC unit, updated firmware and imported files. Help please! Text: 0277414444

SMC, Jul 11, 2020
  2. SMC

philthedill

I'd be happy to help but am In Australia - I have successfully transitioned from a Wiser to SHAC over the last couple of months. I am sure there is a way to help you remotely via screen sharing on Skype or Hangouts.

philthedill, Jul 11, 2020
  3. SMC

Ashley

Just have a go :)

Start by creating a simple visualisation to show your existing setup, then add buttons to control stuff.
    Then you can start adding scenes and schedules and finally scripts.
    While there isn't much on-line help for the SHAC yet, it is based on the LogicMachine which has an extensive website and forum.
    There is lots of lua documentation on-line.

If you get stuck, come back here and ask specific questions.

Ashley, Jul 12, 2020
  4. SMC

Dalek

Another option is to take one of the on-line C-Bus courses. I did the C-Bus Automation Controller Fundamentals and the C-Bus Automation Controller Scripting earlier in the year:
    https://nvite.com/community/cbus
    I also bought myself a book on Lua programming and set myself up a test rig with a SHAC to experiment with.

All in all the best resource is this forum though, and the generous people willing to help you out. I started out by reading all of the posts related to the SHAC. I'm now confident to do all of the programming with the SHAC that runs my C-Bus installation.

Dalek, Jul 12, 2020
  5. SMC

Shiney2512

Shiney2512, Jul 12, 2020
  6. SMC

zylex

I'm based in Wellington NZ (so close but probably not close enough), and have a few SHAC based projects on the go already so wouldn't be able to take on another one for a couple of months at least. As others have mentioned above, given how far you've got already it isn't unrealistic for you to do it yourself, and then if you can't figure out a particular problem from the linked manual above, jump in here and ask. It's a fairly straightforward system, and there's plenty of Lua documentation available online.

One question - I'm not sure about Australia and elsewhere, but in NZ the NAC and SHAC are supposedly restricted product and can only be purchased by installers that have passed the appropriate training and been signed off, so theoretically the person you purchased it from should be able to help you get started?

zylex, Jul 17, 2020
  7. SMC

chromus

In AU, any muppet can buy them from a wholesaler.

chromus, Jul 17, 2020
  8. SMC

SMC

Much appreciated guys...I wouldn't have got this far without this forum!

SMC, Jul 29, 2020
  9. SMC

SMC

Thanks for the response...would you mind sharing your contact details pl? 0277414444. Purchased the SHAC unit 2 yrs ago and at that stage...the Akl integrators were still training! The first lot only got as far as powering the unit. The 2nd lot emailed me the instructions manual after attending on site and fiddling with unit for a few hours. Right after I got told off by the local schneider rep for being able to purchase the unit from their wholesaler. I wont mention names...as you well know, the Cbus community is very small in Akl... Its hilarious.actually..but my patience is running thin. I either get it running properly...or throw it back at Schneider. 0277414444

SMC, Jul 29, 2020
  10. SMC

chromus

There’s really no need to be local for the programming. A VPN (or even a port forward if ur not particularly worried about security) would allow someone from anywhere to do the programming. As long as u can get someone who understands IP networks to get the device available by either of those methods someone on the ISS could do it.

chromus, Jul 29, 2020
Ask a Question