Number of useful Measurement Channels on Wiser

Discussion in 'C-Touch/HomeGate/SchedulePlus/PICED Software' started by ssaunders, Apr 6, 2013.

1. ssaunders

ssaunders

For a Wiser project within PICED (4.11.2), the limit of measurement channels in Measurement Applicaiton Manager shows as 100 under PICED. This is quite a bit higher than older devices like the PAC and original B/W Touch at 25.

I have 30 channels in use for a project. When channels 26 through 30 are set by logic, I see no corresponding message sent on the network. Devices also don't receive the updated values. Given the older device limit of 25, I am wondering whether the Wiser hardware is ignoring entries 26 and above. All works fine when the logic is running in PICED.

I have re-written my logic to bring the number of channels used to 25 and under to avoid the issue. Just wanted to point out that this may be a bug in either the Wiser or PICED regarding the limit.

Cheers.

ssaunders, Apr 6, 2013
  2. ssaunders

tsman

This is an old post but just confirming it. There does appear to be an undocumented 25 measurement channel limit on the Wiser 1. PICED allows you to setup 100 but only the first 25 are actually usable. 26 to 100 don't receive or send any measurement data.

I've not tested it on a Wiser 2 or the touchscreens.

tsman, Nov 15, 2015
Ask a Question