Notes on Toolkit projects

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wired Hardware' started by mjjafari, Jun 7, 2022.

1. mjjafari

mjjafari

I'm wondering whether there is a way to leave notes somewhere on a toolkit project , like the site address or any other project notes
    Thanks !

mjjafari, Jun 7, 2022
  2. mjjafari

Wonkey

You can edit the project name to help identify the individual project.
    Then notes about the project can be done on each unit on the Unit Identification tab. this info is only saved on the data base copy of the project not actually on the physical unit.
    So if you wanted to save the address put it in the notes on the interface or the first unit on your database just be consistent, to make your life easy.
    Typically what you are after would have been saved in the PICED project if used on the site

Wonkey, Jun 9, 2022
  3. mjjafari

Conformist

I totally get what this is about. There is so much detail that should be 'pinned' to a project and this was probably an oversight in the original architecture of Toolkit.
    I put notes against things like the CNI where I might have a dyndns setup.
    My project names (now) tend to be the site address until it becomes truncated at the 8 char limit. In hindsight, the project name should have been longer and he 8 char (historical) project name could have been something else. I used to use the client name but sites change hands so this name becomes irrelevant.

Conformist, Jun 9, 2022
Ask a Question