Not Ready LED is on Clipsal 540 D16 LCD Keypad

Discussion in 'Homesafe & Security Access & Control' started by StevePom, Jul 15, 2021.

1. StevePom

StevePom

Hi,

I am no expert with this this security system. I have an issue with the "Not Ready" LED permanently on. Also the keypads are illuminated but no keys perform their function. A brand new battery has been installed. In the main enclosure in centre of PCB is a red led that continually flashes 10 times, then short steady glow, then out, then repeat. All PIRs in house function, in that they detect motion but no zones come up on key pad. Also a function of a PIR in hallway that turns on two downlights for short time when actioned is not working. Yes I have C-Bus and interface to C-Bus through Homesafe. I am hoping for some advise or guidance here. Thank you in advance.

StevePom, Jul 15, 2021
    1. Advertisements

2. StevePom

Wonkey

Hi
    Is this a new install hence never worked as expected or become faulty after a period of successful working?
    If new install try this.
    As you are implying the key pad is not functioning I suggest you disconnect it and connect on a short length of cable near to the alarm panel.
    It is quite possible that you have some cables mixed up and not going to the devices you think

Wonkey, Jul 20, 2021
    StevePom likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. StevePom

StevePom

Hi Wonkey, thank you for the reply. It is not a new install, the fault appeared. I'm an ex voice data worker and I have started my own troubleshooting. The install has two keypads. I have labelled and disconnected all zone cables and the keypad cables. I have brought one key pad to the enclosure and terminated. Still same issue. "Not Ready LED glowing and the Red LED on the main board goes through a cycle of flashing, steady then off. I suspect the main board is the culprit. Probably an expensive exercise especially if I want to main the C-Bus support rather than just a NESS standard install.

StevePom, Jul 28, 2021 at 1:17 AM
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question