NOt able to transfer program to wiser

Discussion in 'C-Bus Wiser 1 Controller' started by praveen123, May 15, 2013.

1. praveen123

praveen123

HI all,

MY wiser stops working suddenly.Then i power off that wiser and again power ON it.Still it is not working.Then I try to transfer a new program .AT the time of transferring it is showing the error message as " UNABLE TO CONNECT WISER AT THIS IP " .... I tried to transfer another program Still same problem.Then I ressetted the Wiser and tried to Transfer the program Still same problem.BUt i can ping sucessfully that wiser from command mode.BUt wiser and cni are in same range.

please help........

praveen123, May 15, 2013
  2. praveen123

kjayakumar

Here's what I would do:
    1. Write down all of the IP addresses for each device/configuration and verify that they are what you think they are.
    - IP address of your CNI
    - IP address of your Wiser
    - IP address of CNI as configured in the PICED project that you loaded into the Wiser
    - IP address of the PC/host that you are using PICED from
    - etc
    2. If you are seeing unable to connect to Wiser at this IP from the transfer client, then it means the transfer client isn't able to connect to the Wiser. There could be multiple reasons for this. If you can ping the Wiser's IP, then it means you have connectivity so you should check whether your host is a WAN address (PC's IP is on different subnet than Wiser) in which case it will depend on whether you permitted remote project transfer (Tools page).

I saw in your other post, http://www.cbusforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10507&highlight=wiser, that the red diag led is continuously on (all the time). Is that still the case? Did you interrupt a firmware upgrade because the red led continuously on means that the firmware upgrade has failed?

kjayakumar, May 16, 2013
  3. praveen123

praveen123

All the Ip adresses are in same range....

wiser ip : 192.168.2.1 which is default
    cni ip : 192.168.2.2

and subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

my pc also in same range and same subnet mask......im able to ping with that wiser.In wiser project details also same default ip is there as 192.168.2.1 i didnt changed that one.my just using this wiser to connect to my lan network...My host ip is not Wan ip.

praveen123, May 16, 2013
  4. praveen123

praveen123

and also U are asking about another post.That is another wiser not this one.....in that case the diag led is continously red.....I didnt interrupt the firmware upgrade...i just resetted the wiser from that time it is like that...............if firm ware upgrade means what can i do for that case......how can i bring it back to working condition...please help me

Thank u for ur response....and waiting for ur replay........@ kjayakumar

praveen123, May 16, 2013
  5. praveen123

kjayakumar

If the diag led is continuously red, then I think that unit is not recoverable by the user. You can try to see if pressing the restore factory default button will help but I doubt it.

kjayakumar, May 17, 2013
  6. praveen123

kjayakumar

when you use the browser to go to the wiser's ip, eg: http://192.168.2.1/index_i.htm, what do you see? please take some snapshots of the main page and then click on the wiser tab and a snapshot of that page.

kjayakumar, May 17, 2013
  7. praveen123

praveen123

Wiser problem

For the wiser which is continously showing Diag led is not also resetting to its factory default.that is the problem in that case.

....For another wiser when im trying to open through my web browser it is asking for user name and password..after giving that details .it showing the error message as " UNABLE TO CONNECT TO WISER ".

praveen123, May 20, 2013
  8. praveen123

kjayakumar

Perhaps you missed my earlier response. When you use the browser to go to the wiser's ip, eg: http://192.168.2.1/index_i.htm, what do you see? Please take some snapshots of the main page and then click on the wiser tab and a snapshot of that page. The snapshots will provide info about your config that seems to be missing from this discussion. You can attach the snapshots as pics in a forum post or you can paste the text from them.

As I mentioned, a red diag led always on, would suggest that the unit is no longer pingable or restorable. You will need to contact your distributor to return the unit for repair.

kjayakumar, May 20, 2013
  9. praveen123

praveen123

Wiser

Please go through the Snapsshots.....@ jayakumar

thank u for your response...

Attached Files:

praveen123, May 20, 2013
  10. praveen123

kjayakumar

I think you missed the part about index_i.htm. http://192.168.2.1/index_i.htm
    That will bring up the config and status pages. Please reenter the url. Please take some snapshots of the main page and then click on the wiser tab and a snapshot of that page. The snapshots will provide info about your config that seems to be missing from this discussion. You can attach the snapshots as pics in a forum post or you can paste the text from them.

kjayakumar, May 20, 2013
  11. praveen123

praveen123

Wiser problem

HI ,

Thanks for your response.please check the screenshots.

Attached Files:

praveen123, May 21, 2013
  12. praveen123

praveen123

Wiser problem

screen shot

Attached Files:

praveen123, May 21, 2013
  13. praveen123

praveen123

screen shot

Attached Files:

praveen123, May 21, 2013
  14. praveen123

kjayakumar

Praveen,

I recommend you check your project config. It appears wrong from the screenshots. The IP screenshot shows your Wiser at 192.168.2.1 whereas your project has your CNI configured at 192.168.1.33 so there is no way for your Wiser to connect to the CNI. Also, your firmware is really old, 1.5.0 whereas the released PICED has 1.29.0. Anyway, first you should get your configuration fixed properly and once that's all settled, you can move forward.

kjayakumar, May 22, 2013
  15. praveen123

praveen123

wiser problem

HI

Yes you are right.After changing my project configuration the wiser came back.now im able able to transfer my project to wiser.Now i changed my firmware to New 1.29.0 version.

I again transffered my project .but still it showing the error message " Unable to connect " when im trying to open from web browser.

What is the wrong with this wiser?What i have to do?

praveen123, May 25, 2013
  16. praveen123

kjayakumar

I really recommend you pay attention to the details of your configuration, otherwise, it'll be really tough to get this working. Previously, you had your CNI on a different subnet than your Wiser. Have you fixed that? I highly recommend using the process that professional integrators use which is a simple checklist. Here's the checklist that I use for the 2 setups that I manage.

a) ADSL setup for a home
    Mode
    Router parameters:
    External connection method: PPPOE
    Local IP address: 192.168.2.1
    DHCP enabled
    DHCP range 192.168.2.100 - 150
    DDNS:
    username: myusername
    password: mypassword
    hostname: myhostname.dyndns.org

PICED-Wiser Project Parameters:
    Wiser IP: 192.168.2.1
    Wiser CNI IP: 192.168.2.2
    Wiser CNI Port: 10001
    Use NTP
    Enable Toolkit: No
    Enable Projector: Yes
    Enable Project Update: No

With this configuration, I can then access and control this home Wiser from inside that network and also internet connected networks. When I want to allow external toolkit or project upload, then I use the web UI to enable that and then disable after that task is completed.

b) Office setup
    Settings on a 3rd party Router/Firewall at 192.168.100.1:
    port forward external IP:TCP ports 8080,8888,8889,8336,8337,10001 to Wiser IP (192.168.100.100)

Wiser Router parameters (setup as a LAN device):
    External connection method: DHCP (nothing plugged into Wiser's WAN/Internet port)
    Local IP address: 192.168.100.100
    DHCP disabled (so that it does not conflict with my office router's DHCP settings)
    DDNS: (will not work in this mode so must use the 3rd party router)

PICED-Wiser Project Parameters:
    Wiser IP: 192.168.100.100
    Wiser CNI IP: 192.168.100.101
    Wiser CNI Port: 10001
    Use NTP
    Enable Toolkit: No
    Enable Projector: Yes
    Enable Project Update: No
    Allow Access From Wiser LAN ports <- this makes it a LAN device
    Gateway: 192.168.100.1
    Netmask: 255.255.255.0
    DNS: 192.168.100.1

kjayakumar, May 25, 2013
  17. praveen123

praveen123

Wiser problem

Thank you so much jaya kumar .now my wiser came back to working condition after changing the project configuration.Now one of my wiser is working fine.

Now the problem with another wiser is i already told you that the "DIAG" led is blinking continuously in red color and nothing is working.

MY question is

1. we can bring it back to working condition or not ?

please help me

praveen123, May 27, 2013
  18. praveen123

kjayakumar

Glad to hear that your Wiser is back up and running. If possible, please document in this forum what the issue was as it might help others in future detect the problem.

For your other Wiser, I don't think there is any restoration process available. If the diag led is permanently red, it will need to be returned to Schneider/Clipsal if still under warranty in order to be fixed.

kjayakumar, May 27, 2013
Ask a Question