Non matching Groups

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Basil, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Basil

Basil

Hi
    I am an electrical contractor who is quite new to c-bus I have I had basic training in the uk and have installed 1 system that I am having the following problems with,

the system has several dinrail dimmers, relays, neo switches, pirs, and 1 black & white touch screen. the training in the uk was not up to much and I did the install from tec downloads from the cis website. The system works great and I have just installed the touch screen this too works well but now when I scan the network the groups in the daterbase do not match the local network but still eveything works as it should why should this be ? I can add groups and change fuctions but i get a error when I try and access the PCI gui. I have used c-touch and c-bus v-2 I am now looking to change this system to tookit and piced. any advice on this.

Thanks Basil

Basil, Jan 2, 2006
  2. Basil

Richo

What do you mean by not matching.

We recommend upgrading to Toolkit and PICED as the older software is not maintained anymore.

Richo, Jan 2, 2006
  3. Basil

Basil

Hi

For example on the data base
    4 way dimmer unit channel 1 group= Lounge Light

On the local network
    Same 4 way dimmer unit Channel 1 group = Bath led

Basil, Jan 2, 2006
  4. Basil

Richo

Since the text is only stored in the database I'm guessing that you are using 2 different projects. One is being used when viewing the local network and different one is being used when opening the database.

I would have the "correct" database open and then use the Network|Set Project option to ensure that is being referenced by the network.

Richo, Jan 3, 2006
  5. Basil

Basil

Yes this worked thanks !

But i am still getting text on the network scan groups instead of the decimal address is this a problem?

Also when I try to edit the pci unit name I get an error message saying that I should close the applaction but this has only happend since I installed the touch screen

Thanks

Basil, Jan 3, 2006
  6. Basil

Richo

No, it will always get the text from the associated database even when doing a network scan.

Try asking about this in the C-Touch forum, Darren monitors that one and may have some clues as to the problem.

Richo, Jan 3, 2006
  7. Basil

Basil

Ok Thanks for your help
    I am now in the process of changing to Toolbox and piced so i expect Ill be back

Basil, Jan 3, 2006
Ask a Question